BearT's Octavia vRS Limited Edition #101

BearT

So I thought I would do an introduction. 

Prior to this; I have mainly driven BMW's in various guises for numerous years.

At the beginning of July I was on the hunt for a new car; and I had decided on a Octavia vRS. I'd always wanted one; and I was fed up with BMW parts prices. I'd been lucky enough to drive numerous vRS's at work, which pushed me in this direction. 

I looked at many vRS's which didn't fit the bill and then in short I found a phase 2 limited edition cr170 number 101, and after doing a bit of research, I decided to take a look and eventually purchase the vehicle. 

Images from the original ad. 

IMG_8399.png

IMG_8400.png

It was clear that the car has been looked after, and had wanted for nothing; but it was the little details which I wanted to address, so new bonnet and bootlid badges were installed; as well as wheel cap centres, along with a polo stubby aerial to make it look less like a dodgem! (Which I won't bore you with pictures of)

Then it spent the day in the cleaning booth using numerous products from WXD Detailing, the paint cut really well, and took the seal well also. 

IMG_8575.jpg

IMG_8579.jpg

IMG_8584.jpg

Proper jack;

IMG_8585.jpg

Finished; in the fading light.

IMG_8593.jpg

IMG_8595.jpg

IMG_8598.png

IMG_8601.png

Plans; 

Well, a few things I want to do; is mainly retrofit as much as I can whilst keeping it cost effective, auto lights, wipers etc, something which I am still working out at this stage.

I've got a four poster booked for the end of September and I'll paint the underside, and tidy that up, at this point I'll get the wheels refurbished. 

Just a stage one Remap and aid the breathing. (Of course) 

I'll upgrade mechanicals as they fail. 

But apart from just looking after it; nothing major; I won't add anything that does not need to be there. I'm not in a rush to complete the above (apart from the wheels!) so it will be a slow burner! 

Edited by BearT

Looking good, I really like the look of your Quickjack. I just looked them up, but it costs way too much for my budget. My car ramps are too steep for my Mk3 Vrs so will need to sort something out for working on underneath.