Skoda Yeti Seal Between Front and Rear Door

neverlast

Dear all,

I noticed that my 2010 Yeti has streaks of water stains on the black plastic trim

beneath the doors and after examining the rubber seal which runs between front and

rear door (mounted on the rear door edge) I saw that the bottom part was dried up

and broken (probably due to water residue deposits). After contacting my dealer it

appears this is a part of the back door window guide and the part costs cca 80 EUR per side!

(part no. 5LO 839 432 C)

Did anyone have the same problem and if so, did You manage to source just the rubber seal

because it really seems like overkill to spend 160 EUR for two rubber seals?

Thanks!

That looks to be the same fault my '12 Yeti has.In my case the seal is intact but the paintwork isn't. I've been told by the dealer that it's a known issue, and due to a design flaw with that seal. The rubber compound isn't soft enough, and causes wear on the trailing edge of the front door, particularly at the base. That in turn damages/removes the paint and introduces water, and in the UK at least, rust :(  The dealer is still chasing this with Skoda for me, but other than a recent phone call (to say it's not moving), I'm no closer to  a fix... The dealer has done resprays for others, only for the rust to come back, and the only permanent fix is replacing the doors! That would not be worth doing without a significant contribution from Skoda.

Here in Norway, this vertical rubber strip is routinely removed by the dealers. I have had all 4 sidedoors resparayed due to the zinkinclusion problem. At the workshop they told me there was also some wear to the paint caused by the runner strip. They removed the rubber strip on both sides leaving a gap between front and rear door. I have not experienced any problems with water ingress or increased noise after this fix.