Alfa Romeo Brera 3.2V6 Q4

sharkrider

Right, nearly 800 fault free miles since Thursday, and a "thing" happened ;)  I put the car forward to be a development car for Vortex exhausts to make a template.... got a very expensive exhaust for a very small amount of money ..... and possibly an extra 29 bhp as well.... 290 bhp should be enough to pull it along briskly right? :)

Last picture of the standard exhaust, down at the premier inn before handing the car over!

IMG_2084.jpg

New tail pipes... looking tasty! 

IMG_2121.jpg

looking tasty... and sounds fooking awesome! much more meaty!

IMG_2123.jpg

The "magic" bit, the vortex that creates negative pressure to simply suck the gases out...... apparently they have a MOD contract, so must be worth something!

IMG_2124.jpg

anyway, nice drive home, the car sounds like it should have from the factory! amazing burble and noise.... we got 6% better fuel economy on the way home, and it feels faster, more responsive, and more eager to rev :) Hats off to the guys at Vortex exhausts!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

its just 10% .... so not as bold as the 29 bhp   (should be 26 actually my bad maths...) may suggest ... considering the vortex does provide a measurable negative pressure, it undoubtedly gives more power to a normally aspirated engine... 

whether it does or not doesn't really matter, the old one was falling off, and would have cost me twice as much to replace with mild steel pattern part centre section, that what it cost to get all this! sounds good too...

10% is doable.... I got a 6% better fuel economy on the way home (hundreds of miles with cruise set at 70mph, same fuel ect same as the way down)  if its 6% more power, its still another 16 bhp! :o

Edited by sharkrider

• 3 months later...

fun times with the Brera and the new MOT rules.... My mech went to pick it up, and he said you cannot drive it, sign here (apparently dangerous fault is a missing heat shield on the exhaust that may set fire to the wire to the lambda sensor! lol) my mech said "I'm not signing that" which shocked him.... he said you can't drive the car , my mech said "how are you going to stop me?" got in the car and drove it back to his workshop! PMSL........ new rear springs (which I knew about) a ball joint, and unbalanced brakes (The classic sticking 4 pot Brembos) strip and clean will fix that 1f642.png happy days, nothing too expensive, and a good laugh at my 70 y/o mech who takes no **** lol...

Will the bill involve any donation of critical organs to pay it? :giggle:

Lovely looking car, wish I had the round ones to risk buying an Alfa, I have 3 friends who have them, 2 have had no issues, the other one has been rebuilt from the ground up, but when they are going, they do make all the right noises.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kentphil1 said:

Will the bill involve any donation of critical organs to pay it? :giggle:

Lovely looking car, wish I had the round ones to risk buying an Alfa, I have 3 friends who have them, 2 have had no issues, the other one has been rebuilt from the ground up, but when they are going, they do make all the right noises.

Yes mate thats the risk.... we bought this privately , and I was aware of the risks , and the things that needed doing... but its all done now (and we knocked a grand off the asking price!) all it needs now before its next MOT is some new front discs/pads ... cost about £80 for a full set ... not urgent though :) Its basically done! sounds and drives awesome.... loving it for now ;) lol...

best thing is looking online at all the sites, its now worth £1k more than it was last year ..... should keep going up!

brakes just needed a fluid change (no expensive Brembo calipers!!) he said a load of gunge and air came out, so he knew that would fix it... so not too expensive, I knew the springs were broken when I bought the car... £80 for a new pair, don't know how much i will be charged for fitting yet , but its all done :)  doesn't want for anything at the moment! 

IMG_2878.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 19/07/2018 at 13:39, Wardy said:

Did it do minus miles between 2016 & 2017?! :D

lol.... noted when I went to look at it , some digging confirmed a human mistake, was 64,174 I think! ... noted on the service history... was serviced and MOTd at the same time :)

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...