18" skoda space saver wheel wanted

omnipeta

On 06/09/2017 at 22:03, dudec said:

I was going to buy a 16" steel wheel 5x112 for my estate, does anyone know the code for the retaining nut to hold the spare down??

Be careful here, I too had this same question last year, albeit for my 2016 Skoda Octavia.

There are quite a few different versions. You need the nut which is pretty standard, but it is the thread and the way it attaches to the body of the car which sees a few different versions across VAG cars over the years.

• Like 2

Thank you all for your advice, I've ordered the Spare Wheel + Tyre (7.5J x 16”) – £141.40 inc.vat from local dealership, looked on e bay but most seemed worn or slightly damaged  so opted for safe choice from dealer, costlier but at least I have peace of mind now. (hopefully)

• Like 1

That's a question you would need to ask your insurer I think. If it failed on the vehicle and caused an accident, they might take issue with the fact that it is below the manufacturer's specification. In reality, it's probably fine but it's easy for me to say when it's not my car :)