Engine rocking on tickover

Taximark

Went to have a look at a car today and when the engine was running it seemed to be rocking back and forth and I must admit not by much just back and forth any idea what this is before I purchase it ?

Not really noticed anything inside really, just when the bonnet was up the engine was rocking and it's the first time I've noticed anything like that on these engines.

The car still has 6 months manufactures warranty on it.

Btw it's only done 45k so could an engine mount really be worn?

Edited by Taximark

?

Has this particular car had 'The Fix',  because maybe you will be wanting more than the 6 months warranty and the VW Peace of mind but with T&C's 24 month cover on cars that now have different Engine Management when Type Approval was received, and which might have questionable reliability or premature demise of hardware parts.

On 07/09/2017 at 13:08, Headinawayoffski said:

?

Has this particular car had 'The Fix',  because maybe you will be wanting more than the 6 months warranty and the VW Peace of mind but with T&C's 24 month cover on cars that now have different Engine Management when Type Approval was received, and which might have questionable reliability or premature demise of hardware parts.

This is a very valid point. Personally, I wouldn't touch anything that could have potentially had 'the fix' done to it.

Your better off skipping to the next generation of engines or just buying a mondeo instead.

• Like 1