What is on your retrofit wishlist?

2 hours ago, daykes1 said:

I also wanted a full size spare wheel as I drove to Italy a few weeks after buying my 2014 Octavia. However, Skoda wanted £130! So went looking online found a brand new black steel rim for £32 & had a £30 tyre put on it. Pretty sure the rim spec (offset etc) will be the same. Do you want the details?

I did have a quick look but decided to wait until a scrap one becomes available, I don't really do the miles to worry about it too much. Just a little waiting game.

Near-term:

• interior LED conversions
  • Phone holder upgrade

Medium-term:

• Bonnet struts
  • Boot nets
  • Boot protector
  • Boot liner

Long-term/cost-prohibitive:

• ACC
  • 3G Internet connection
  • 4x4
  • Bigger rear breaks

The internet upgrade thing was the biggest regret. I thought it would be a case of a new faceplate and software upgrade. Instead, you need a different multi-media thingy in the glovebox running at £600+ on ebay.

• Like 1

Phone box with wireless charging

Front xenon lights

Webasto pre heater

Anything to make the sat nav up to date, like Android connect.

How about the running train from the Golf GTE maybe even add batteries to get 50 miles electric range rather than 30!

2 litre TSI

DSG

A sat nav that can actually do the 'nav' bit

Bigger wheels

Wireless phone charging

And an isofix point in the passenger seat (which is only 45 quid. WHY didn't I spec it at the time???)

So, essentially I should've bought a VRS with a couple of options. I love the car as it is but the above would've been grand. At least I know for the next one!

• 2 months later...
On 9/12/2017 at 12:22, brettikivi said:

ACC is complex if you don't have the correct radar bits in place and they're coded to the car; I looked briefly into this and came to a personal estimate of €1.5k to do it afterwards.

pretty sure its already been done v cheaply using a sensor from an audi

no one after gps tracker? Ive got a cheap Chinese one and will try to fit it in the box behind the rearview mirro.

Edited by JohnnyType2

3 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

pretty sure its already been done v cheaply using a sensor from an audi

links would be nice....  the closest I can find is from Kufatec and requires coding to the car. Which requires a factory PIN, as far as I'm aware...and even then it's €800 + fitting.

- Bret

the right hand foot rest from a Mark II - I really miss mine when I'm using the cruise in the Mark 3 - that and relocate the bonnet release so it is on the drivers side, with it being on the passenger side and having to have to door open to use it, I can't open it whilst the car is parked in our garage to check fluids before setting off - simply stupid that change.

As for true retro fit - I will look to fitting the front park assist - the only option that I would have liked that my ex-demonstrator doesn't have.

1 hour ago, brettikivi said:

links would be nice....  the closest I can find is from Kufatec and requires coding to the car. Which requires a factory PIN, as far as I'm aware...and even then it's €800 + fitting.

- Bret

ACC enabled with a sensor from an Audi AFAIK grafted into the lower hex trim panel

Edited by JohnnyType2