Spare Wheel Tray and related question

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where you can get the styrene/foam storage tray at sensible money ?

I have seen the Spacesaver wheels for sale, but not the tray without spending silly money.

Normally I would spec it at order, but as I didn't spec the car I don't have a spare. Being old school, I would be happier knowing I have one :blush

Also does a full size spare fit ?

Unless you are getting a variable boot floor, and keep it at the highest level, then a full size wheel (same size as your regular wheels) won't fit. if you want a genuine steel spare, as you're getting a 280, you need a special space saver that will clear the 280's larger brakes. Other models get away with a 16" wheel that is a reasonably meaty size. The special one for the 280 is a larger diameter, comparatively skinny space saver.

• Thanks 1

^ Yes, I specced a spare. It's an 18" skinny steel spacesaver.  

Didn't get the variable boot floor. 

Thing is, I kind of remember thinking I was speccing a full size spare which is why I couldn't have the variable boot floor. Not having either is a bit of a minor miff... 

Kind of want to put a full size Vega in there...if it'll fit.

Cheers :)

I thought there was some foam on the outside but as there isn't I have just ordered a 18" SS wheel and tool kit from ebay.

Of course, I doubt it comes with the plastic topped bolt to fix it down with, wonder where I can get the part no. for the holding nut ? !