Hello from lancashire

wilbert77

I purchased a 2 year old MK3 Octavia Scout with the 185bhp diesel engine and DSG box about 3 weeks ago. So far so good. Rides well and is quite good off road too. Not the fastest car I have ever owned but it has enough poke for safe overtaking and returns 40 to 45 mpg. I was expecting a bit more as my BMW 530d M sport that was remapped to 280bhp got about the same. Anyway looking forward to picking your brains for a good few years as I intend to keep it for quite a while.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Perhaps we should start a 'Me Too' regarding fuel consumption!!  

We remain at 40mpg (and after 1600 miles since acquisition) 'real world' against an advertised 55mpg. It surely contravenes the Trade Description Act!?

But welcome to the site, from which you'll doubtless already have noted that we're mostly hopelessly addicted to Skoda, despite all the vagaries.

Hope your experience will be as good, overall, as mine.

(And Merc are just as bad with their mpg fibs. Over the years 3xSLK and (existing) SL both at least 25% more 'thirsty' than advertised)