Great customer service or something else??

GladysFriday

After a bit of a battle I have recently had my Yeti 1.2's timing chain replaced. (Skoda paid for most of it and the story is on another thread).

I've had a call from the dealer who wants "to take a look at the car now its been running for a week or 2 to see that's all ok and there are no leaks etc". They need it for about an hour and a half.

Call me a cynic but I don't see that it takes that long to look underneath for leaks and I would have taken it straight back if there were any. In fact, its running as sweet as a nut and I'm pleased with the now-quiet timing chain.

So is this the dealer being very cautious as Skoda paid for this or do you think there is something else going on here? Maybe I'm just being too suspicious!

@GladysFriday - Check all the fluid levels and look for water/oil marks on the engine, gearbox and cooling system before the car goes in. Repeat after you get it back.

I'm not as suspicious as you maybe, but if you find levels have gone up when you get it back, then they've clearly done something other than look at it.

• 3 weeks later...