Car isn't starting, What to do

Good morning guys..what a pitty! We were ready to go to Scotland Highland for holiday, now car isn't starting..on Dash showed Battery too Low..I left a dash cam on charge on the boot's 12v socket over night..I think that crap made the battery drain..that thing I bought from ebay for £40. Finger crossed BATTERY replacemnt will sort it out..I don't have time to play with the car now.

How long a battery should run..car hit the road on 2nd Dec 2013.

Don't replace the battery just because it is flat. Is there anyone with a start pack or jumpers that can help you out?

I've known cars with batteries over 10 years old still working fine and I've known them fail after a couple of years. You should expect between that, 5 years maybe. So, maybe yours is a little long in the tooth anyway.

3 minutes ago, LightRain said:

Don't replace the battery just because it is flat. Is there anyone with a start pack or jumpers that can help you out?

I've known cars with batteries over 10 years old still working fine and I've known them fail after a couple of years. You should expect between that, 5 years maybe. So, maybe yours is a little long in the tooth anyway.

But I am going to the remote areas..if car doesn't start in the middle of nowhere...I am waiting for my friend to come then will take it to Halfords. 

This is MK3..Someone in this forum confirmed me..it is dec 2013.

Since I jump started the car everything is up and running..I did switch off and on.do I still need to get battery checked as I am kind of late running.

Have a nice holiday.

Halfords open in Scotland on Sundays, and Local Motor Factors are open on Monday, 

and you can buy a new battery and carry it in the boot until needed, or buy a Booster Pack, AT LEAST HAVE JUMP LEADS WITH YOU.

& remember the Scottish Highlands is never that remote that the RAC / AA do not get out to you, or send someone local to get you started, 

Phone Reception not as reliable as breakdown services though....

So remember if stuck, give a shout out, Briskoda members often stay near or in 'remote areas; , 'Jump starts are us!'.

• Thanks 1

I think it's an absolutely good idea to have your dash-cam wired to constant + for car park dings and dongs and for many other situations... I,, like you flattened my battery by leaving it on overnight, it took time to happen but it did... So it's fine to leave it running under normal conditions but not overnight.. So switch it off, or add an additional cig socket(as I did) wired to fuse box(constant +)and then unplug it every night..

Thanks everyone for all the replies. First of all, I am sorry, i didnt realize that I was posting this thread in MK2. Secondly, I did check my car's battery with halfords on the same day before coming to Port Handerson. They confirmed me that battery was absolutely fine and there wouldn't be problem anymore if i keep everything unplugged. and yes they were right. since we came here I haven't had any single problem though I take all the charging adapter (dash cam, multi car socket etc) out of cigarette 12v  socket. By the way, Dash cam meant to be plugged in the cigarette port ( 12v socket) to record any sudden hit, isn't it? so why it made the battery flat, is it because i used 12v socket from the boot or they all are the same?