Is this normal....

Ash7

I noticed this after I picked the car up, but thought that it was normal so didn't question it. It's on both sides of the car at the back behind the door. It looks like it's a panel that is stuck on?

Is this normal or is it something that they've left on by accident?

20170916_144119.jpg

1 minute ago, bigman1976 said:

Perfectly normal. Stops stone chips on rear wheel arch. 

Thanks for that. I got worried because looking at pics of other Octavias, none of them seem as obvious as on mine.

29 minutes ago, bigman1976 said:

They'll be there. Sometimes polishing and waxing can leave a white residue around the edges which makes them more obvious. Some may have removed them, of course. 

This post is right on the money. Mine are more noticeable after polishing and waxing due to the white residue getting stuck there.

Definitely normal though OP, my race blue has them and they look the same.

Edited by ahenners
  • Like 1

I remember the same question being raised a few years ago, when someone actually thought of peeling them off - fortunately he was persuaded from doing so just in time !

JKW

I have 2 air bubbles in mine on one side. Thinking of sticking a needle in to let the air out and then smooth it down, or would it be better to get that 1 replaced?