Changed my roomster.

Popped into the local dealer to get some warranty work done on my wife's Fabia 1.6cr(new injector), when I saw this 14plate roomster in mint condition. Ex motability  only 5k on the clock, 1.2 tsi with dsg. We ummed and aaahd, eventually took it for a test drive and was won over with it. Never had an automatic before but was so quiet and smooth changing. This replaces a roomster 1.9 pd 57plate 81k, which never gave a spot of bother. Not so economical as the 1.9 pd but noticeably quieter, but the noise never bothered me. A lot of torque and the gearbox is a perfect match for the 105bhp engine. Didn't think I would get an almost new roomster now that it has been discontinued.  I am well pleased,I love my marmite car.

• Like 2

My second Roomster was an ex-Motability 1.2TSI SE DSG, which replaced my 1.9PD Roomster Scout.  I thought the jewel-like petrol engine made the diesel engine seem agricultural.  DSG was a joy.  I loved my Roomster but due to advancing years and stiffening joints, I had no choice but to swap it for something with a higher seat.  I still miss my Roomster, its practicality and its quirkiness.  Much as I love my Yeti, I still consider my Roomster the best car I have ever owned.  Enjoy yours, Malcolm :thumbup:

• Like 1