PID - Bluetooth Audio, stereo left and right reversed

brnsky

Hi,

I have just bought a used 2014 Citigo Black Edition with the six speaker pack and everything about the car is great.

However, when connecting to the PID device (GARMIN) over Bluetooth and playing music, my left and right audio channels are the wrong way around. Sounds that should come from the right speaker come from the left speaker and vice versa. Playing from the same device (iPhone SE 64GB.) via an aux cable everything is correct and stereo sound is fine. All sound settings on car stereo and PID are set to default. The issue is only with Bluetooth audio through the PID. The iPhone works correctly with Bluetooth headphones (Left and right channels are correct).

Any ideas on how to fix it? Dealer has told me to bring it back to the workshop...

Thanks!

Welcome to the world of the PID, these things don't work at all well in respect to the Bluetooth connections. Every dealer will tell you they've never seen the problem before, but there are many many pages on here and every other outlet for Citigo's/Mii's/Up!'s online. I use a KitSound MyJack in mine instead of the PID, BT sound reproduction is superior and the mic is better so people can here you better if using the phone.

Have you tried doing a factory reset / hard reset of the PID?

We had an issue a few months ago where the PID suddenly decided to start playing all MP3s out of only the drivers side speakers!!! But only MP3s.... The radio worked fine and the CD worked fine. After a factory reset all was back to how it should be.

Hi, thanks for the suggestions.

I've tried switching on and off, factory reset with my finger on the bottom corner of the screen, checked phsyical connection points. Issue still persists.  Sat Nav narration/voice only comes from left speaker too.

I was having issues with my PID losing connection to my phone, in the end I "forgot" the phone, and then re added it and it works fine.

I'm looking forward to getting a new car with a better system for listening to music!

I have now done a full reset through the Fresh program. Bluetooth still plays the left and right channels the wrong way around.

Can anyone test on their Citigo?  

A good track to test with is "Rolling Stones - Can't you hear me knocking". The first guitar riff should come out of the right hand side (driver side) speaker if working correctly. Or you can use any left/right channel speaker test on Youtube. 

Hopefully I'm just doing something stupid/wrong...

Edited by brnsky

Similarly, have you tried the SD card in the PID? Just to try and rule that out in case it’s the everything else is good. I guess if the auxiliary port is working properly then it shouldn’t be the HU.

if you want BT playback, look at one of these https://www.kitsound.co.uk/product/accessories/adaptors/myjack2-aux-wireless-converter it’s what I use instead of the PID :)

Edited by SashaGrace

• 3 weeks later...