New owner Impressions

deecee

A couple of weeks ago I got rid of my Octy VRS FL Tdi , I was a little sorry to see it go as it looked like new and was still low mileage but I was fed up of the fidgety ride on 18” wheels . My previous VRS was on 17” wheels and always felt composed but the FL whilst having lots of grip didnt encourage relaxed touring .

I picked up its replacement an SE business 150 tdi and took it touring Cornwall for a couple of weeks and added another 1400 or so miles onto the 13000 it had when I got it , so my initial impressions are :

Pros

Very comfortable and composed ride ride but can still be hustled if required , lots of grip but just a bit of a soggy turn in

I can now drive over the square speed humps cleanly without a jolt as they fit between the wheels .

ACC is brilliant and makes for relaxed motorway driving (when the M5 is moving that is)

Auto parking brake is good and will get better when I remember I have it and stop wrenching the wifes right arm at traffic lights .

Fuel is good according to the longterm on the dash which reads a tad under 55mpg

Cons

No rear wiper , I assumed in this day and age all hatchbacks had rear wipers so I never even looked for one when I bought it , needless penny pinching on what is supposed to be Skodas premier range .

Stop/Start is a pita

The ignition key is 90 deg out compared to Octy so at present I keep holding it the wrong way until my brain decides to reprograme (its an age thing)

Its a long car , when parking the Octy I just swung in to a gap and it was striaght , with the Superb I have to shuffle it to get it striaght .

Drls look a bit pathetic after the Octys LEDs

The SatNav voice is a bit robotic and annoying compared to my TomTom

Overall I am impressed and pleased with the car , compared to the Octy I miss the extra power when going uphill or overtaking but I will get used to it .

1 hour ago, deecee said:

Cons

Drls look a bit pathetic after the Octys LEDs

If I recall the DRLs on the S, SE and SE Business are just bulbs where the spec up has a dual DRL and indicator set up. 

DRL

UH7o7T1l.jpg

Hazard lights 

f2VaM8Ml.jpg

DRLs at night (unlock welcome lights)

BqsZ2QBl.jpg

22 minutes ago, Svend said:

If I recall the DRLs on the S, SE and SE Business are just bulbs where the spec up has a dual DRL and indicator set up. 

DRL

UH7o7T1l.jpg

Hazard lights 

f2VaM8Ml.jpg

DRLs at night (unlock welcome lights)

BqsZ2QBl.jpg

Yes they look an awful lot better , yours is same colour as mine and they set it off nicer

6 minutes ago, deecee said:

Petrol Blue Metallic is an amazing colour. 

It changes colour with the light and really comes to life in the sun. 

lC2G7xMl.jpg

nkKkPlVl.jpg

OomQCWPl.jpg

I must agree with the rear wiper. They are useful, and has been said before a no cost option when new.  Saying that I am not sure how useful it is as it's small compared to the windscreen size and to me ruins the lines of the car. 

Which is why I did not spec it with the sportline I have ordered to replace my vrs.

1 hour ago, Svend said:

Petrol Blue Metallic is an amazing colour. 

It changes colour with the light and really comes to life in the sun. 

lC2G7xMl.jpg

nkKkPlVl.jpg

OomQCWPl.jpg

Any excuse :D

Looking good, as always 

3 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Any excuse :D

Looking good, as always 

Lol. I actually try not to post pics of her. I don't want to be known as, 'oh dear god, it's him with that f***ing car again'. 

• Haha 2