MFD 1 Question

Hi All 

I have had a Skoda MFD 1 Radio kicking around for years but only just found the time to put it in my octavia ive got everything hooked up and its working fine with 2014 maps loaded but the only problem is I dont know what the plug is for on the back to the left ( see red circle on attached picture)

Does anyone have any ideas what it is and where i could get the appropriate wires from ??

My Car is a 2004 octavia laurin and klement 

Thanks 

mfd_track_selector_repair_10.jpg

That connector is for the additional 12v supply to the gyro and the wheel speed input from the ABS and the reverse gear selected.  Pin 4 12v Ign supply Pins 5 & 18 signal from ABS & Pin 17 Reverse light.  When I fitted the same to my 03 L&K estate for ease of installing I connected the ABS signals to the "Speedo speed" input on pin 1 ( Blue/White wire) of the normal Black connector and the reverse signal from the rear light as I was running a new coax cable to the rear for the GPS 

If you have the full maxi display in the speedo, there are some other wires to add from the Green/Yellow/Blue connector

Part number for connector https://skoda.7zap.com/en/cz/octavia/oct/2003-252/9/919-919020/#2

Edited by nige8021

12 hours ago, simspj said:

I have the same radio to go in my Mk1, do you have to connect the wire to this plug for it to work?

Yes without the wheel speed info, the thing only updates it position every 5 minutes 

16 hours ago, nige8021 said:

That connector is for the additional 12v supply to the gyro and the wheel speed input from the ABS and the reverse gear selected.  Pin 4 12v Ign supply Pins 5 & 18 signal from ABS & Pin 17 Reverse light.  When I fitted the same to my 03 L&K estate for ease of installing I connected the ABS signals to the "Speedo speed" input on pin 1 ( Blue/White wire) of the normal Black connector and the reverse signal from the rear light as I was running a new coax cable to the rear for the GPS 

If you have the full maxi display in the speedo, there are some other wires to add from the Green/Yellow/Blue connector

Part number for connector https://skoda.7zap.com/en/cz/octavia/oct/2003-252/9/919-919020/#2

Cheers all for your replysdo you mean the mpg screen in the centre of the display? I don't have that I have an mpg calculator where the clock is on the left hand side hope this helps 

40 minutes ago, TheSkodaLover said:

Cheers all for your replysdo you mean the mpg screen in the centre of the display? I don't have that I have an mpg calculator where the clock is on the left hand side hope this helps 

In that case the extra wires from the Yellow/Blue/Green connector are not required, but you will need the wiring to the 26 way connector you highlighted in the first post

5 hours ago, nige8021 said:

In that case the extra wires from the Yellow/Blue/Green connector are not required, but you will need the wiring to the 26 way connector you highlighted in the first post

Hi sorry for being thick nige but which colour wires do i need to connect to the plug and cheers for the part number it is most appreciated!! 

If you want to keep it to the OEM wiring colours ?  pin 4 the Ignition supply is a Black/Blue wire, Pin 5 ABS wheel speed Green/White, pin 18 ABS wheel speed Green/Yellow & pin 17 Reverse selected also Black/Blue, 

I found there was a connector behind the dash for the Telephone provision that had an Ignition live supply so I used that, the Wheel speed inputs I spliced into the Blue/White wire on Pin 1 of the main radio Black plug and the reverse selected I ran a wire to the rear under the headlining and down behind the rear pillar trim to the rear light cluster and spliced into the reverse bulb wiring (same Black/Blue wire) 

13 minutes ago, nige8021 said:

If you want to keep it to the OEM wiring colours ?  pin 4 the Ignition supply is a Black/Blue wire, Pin 5 ABS wheel speed Green/White, pin 18 ABS wheel speed Green/Yellow & pin 17 Reverse selected also Black/Blue, 

I found there was a connector behind the dash for the Telephone provision that had an Ignition live supply so I used that, the Wheel speed inputs I spliced into the Blue/White wire on Pin 1 of the main radio Black plug and the reverse selected I ran a wire to the rear under the headlining and down behind the rear pillar trim to the rear light cluster and spliced into the reverse bulb wiring (same Black/Blue wire) 

Do you have a picture of where the wires were tapped into please?

I don't have any pics sorry, the connector for the Telephone provision, was taped to the metal bracket above the glovebox, The wheel speed inputs are straight forward onto Pin 1 of the Radio Black connector (Blue/White wire) and the reverse is easily picked up on the rear light cluster connector

1 minute ago, nige8021 said:

I don't have any pics sorry, the connector for the Telephone provision, was taped to the metal bracket above the glovebox, The wheel speed inputs are straight forward onto Pin 1 of the Radio Black connector (Blue/White wire) and the reverse is easily picked up on the rear light cluster connector

OK thanks I'll have a look. Mines an Elegance so hopefully there.