Silence is not golden

ozodea

Hi , Just got the code for my my newly acquired columbus which i fitted in my roomster 2010. all the menus start ok but there is no audio at all. i have tried a cd, radio and some music which is on the hard drive,  not a whimper. any ideas please.  By the way i tried aux via a bluetooth adapter and nothing there either.   any help appreciated !!

NO, I havent had any coding done. I assumed t he columbus would be like the bolero I tried and just work. i am not bothered about the lack of sat nav, just want to hear some tunes. I assume a trip to a main dealer is needed.?

Hi,  I have had the unit checked by two car audio firms who both suggest that the unit came from a car with a separate amplifier which would explain why there is no audio.  Could this be possible ?

With VCDS, you'll be able to confirm if the Columbus is expecting an amplifier.

If the Columbus is coded for an amp and you haven't got one fitted, you can then recode it for direct speaker connections. This will probably fix the lack of sound you're experiencing.

Ideally, you will also code the car to expect navigation and check the rest of the Columbus coding is correct for your vehicle :)

Anyone that understands RNS-510 or Columbus coding should be able to do it. They would need either VCDS or some other VAG specific diagnostic kit.

These threads might help you find a local Briskoda member with VCDS: