Interior alarm monitoring button gone !

H1UBS

Dog owners like me, will have a little surprise with their new BY2018 Kodiaq. Do you remember that very handy button on the driver's B pillar, that you would press on your previous Skodas when leaving your dog or kids in the car.. to cancel the internal alarm sensors before locking ..   Well they've removed it !

What a Simply Clever idea ! Instead of the simple one press, you can now fire up the Infotainment system, select the setup option, scroll down the options to opening and closing and then unticking the Interior Monitoring option. I quite liked the button in my previous 4 Octavias but hey ho, as I've spent over £30k on this flagship SUV I'd just as well spend more time in the cockpit faffing with the Infotainment setup options. As for the technophobe wife .. the dog will have to get used to the alarm !

Do you mean the  button about halfway up that you press if your car is being towed or on a transporter? If so, I'm pretty sure it's there on mine. I was using it last week...............well I was pressing the button that's there when leaving the dogs in the car. Perhaps it makes coffee or something now, but there's definitely something there that I pressed. I feel a photo coming. Watch this space or at least some space below. ;)

It seems the button was there on early Kodiaqs, but is not on later models (and the relevant part of the handbook changed). Some owners are saying that it's not only a faff to turn off the alarm's  internal monioring via the infotaiment screen, but it then stays off for future trips, until you go through the faff again to turn it back on.

Edited by DaveMiller

The button has been removed on Model Year 2018 Kodiaqs, but all is not lost.

With help from contributors on another forum, you can now de-activate the internal alarm sensor by pressing the lock button twice in quick succession on the remote fob.  If you were to lock the door and set the alarm with a single press the red led on the door top starts it's intermittent  flashing within a number of seconds. With the double press de-activating the internal sensor, (after the initial flurry) the red led takes about 30 secs before it starts flashing.

If, you do de-activate it through the infotainment .. it does not stay off but reverts to full monitoring at the next unlock / lock action. Not such a faff as was initially feared !

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I have just changed my MY17 Kodiaq for a 68 reg Karoq.

B pillar button missing.

Karoq is the first Skoda I have had without a button on the 'B' pillar to turn the interior alarm monitoring OFF. (Dog owner~so essential!)
I have RTFM, which as usual is not much use. The only way it says one can turn it off is to go> Car> settings>disable interior alarm. And that only once!
WellI I tried it, turned ignition off and restarted and it was still marked as off, so apparently the FM is WRONG.... Well that makes a change!! ;) 
What a complete FAFF! SIMPLY STOOPID MR SKODA!
This afternoon I opened the drivers window locked the car, waited for the alarm to activate. waved hand inside, Alarm went off.
Locked the car and touched door sensor twice in quick succession, waited again, waved inside.....silence.
I assume that way of doing it works as on other KESSY cars? BUT why does it not say so in the FM? DUUUH!