Some unidentified sounds from front wheel area

As the title says, I have some sounds coming from the front (left) wheel area. I have some clunking noise that I can hear when driving over holes and speed bumps. I suspect that might be the shock absorbers, but I´m not 100 % sure. I did replace the rear shock absorbers recently, so I suspect the front ones are in need of replacement as well. The other sound I can hear all the time while driving unless I´m driving on more or less new asphalt. It´s a bit hard to explain, but does sound like a vibration/rattle. Could it be the wheel bearing?

Most obviously it's a worn front absorber that it's in the end of life but could also be from the front system generally or the steering system, any kind of steering or power transferring shaft to the wheel...

A wheel beating does not vibrate just it sounds a harsh continuous noise from the wheel and it becomes louder while increasing speed.

Try see those as a start..

10 hours ago, brad1.8T said:

I'd be looking for a broken spring

As above. 

Never owned a car to go through so many springs (3 at the last count), or drop links - 4, as my Octy Scout. 

Never replaced either in the 7 years and 90k miles I owned my Honda Civic, and that led a harsher life than the Scout. 

6 hours ago, Fin69 said:

As above. 

Never owned a car to go through so many springs (3 at the last count), or drop links - 4, as my Octy Scout. 

Never replaced either in the 7 years and 90k miles I owned my Honda Civic, and that led a harsher life than the Scout. 

Funnily enough my scout is on 170k and original springs and drop links. There seems to be no ryme or reason to how long they last.

I have the same frustrating problem on my 2005 Octavia. I have replaced the shock absorbers, front springs, drop links and strut top bearings on both sides and i still have the knocking sound. Its probably getting worse by the day.

There is slight movement on the upper subframe engine mount, but i don't feel this can create the sound i'm hearing. I even get this sound when generally driving. Not sure where to go next.

• 1 month later...

I have finally replaced the drop links, and unfortunately it did not fix my problem. Does anyone have any other advice as to what can be the cause? I did have look at the shock absorbers while I was replacing the drop links and they appear to be in good shape. I did replace the aft shock absorbers, but in that case I heard a knocking sound while driving over speed bumps. I don´t hear that in this case, so I do not believe the shock absorbers are the cause. I could of course be mistaken.