Service reminder

It's nice that my car reminds me to have a service but it's started 30 days before it needs it.

Every time I start it's on the maxi dot and now it's started showing on the big screen as well.

I don't like being nagged. :angry:

10 hours ago, MartiniB said:

and when comes reminder is far too late,
if car is your then oil must be changed 1/3 earlier than the required by producer's regulation

It will be a year when it needs changing. I've never changed the oil in any car at shorter intervals than this.

With an oil filter smaller than a coke tin, changing it at 6000 miles like I did shocked me with its condition. Oil will last, the filter is the first to go, then the bypass valve opens and you carry on another 5k miles or more.

Over service we'll set the engine up for a long life.

11 hours ago, blahde2 said:

With an oil filter smaller than a coke tin, changing it at 6000 miles like I did shocked me with its condition. Oil will last, the filter is the first to go, then the bypass valve opens and you carry on another 5k miles or more.

Over service we'll set the engine up for a long life.

I should have added that I do under 6,000 miles in a year.

• Haha 1

I'll bump this thread just to say I had my first service today. And yes, the nagging seemed to go on forever. Just a single beep, mind, but I'd booked the service a month ago.

£159. She said £169. I said, "It says £159 on your website." So, I got £10 off. 

Oil change and filter, plus inspection it what I was expecting. I had a snagging list: 1. the subwoofer cover in the boot kept falling off and I had it gaffer taped. Can anything be done? 2. Can the proximity sensors be adjusted downward? 3. A couple of minor rattles from the steering column and overhead box where the rearview mirror hangs.

I got a new subwoofer cover. I was told the proximity sensors could not be adjusted, but I expected that. The rattles: the only one mentioned was the box next to the rearview mirror. They said it had to be replaced, which surprised me, and that the part has been ordered and should be in in a few days. I thought they could just reseat it. I mean, the rattle is really minor and only on rough roads. I neglected to ask if this was a warranty repair, so I shall call tomorrow to confirm.

I got a thorough printed report of all the inspections done, including a tyre measurement report with wear measurements taken from outside, middle and inside of each tyre. This impressed me. I know that all tyres are wearing evenly and that the fronts are 1mm more worn than the rears. A tyre rotation would be a good idea.

Overall, the Škoda service was a very positive experience. Friendly staff, all done in a day.

The worst part? I had to be there at 8 am. I had to collect the car at 5:30. I've been retired for several years and was not prepared for the traffic and general inconvenience and congestion of rush hour. In London. 

Clearly, I'm getting soft.

In fact, on the 4 mph ride home, I listened to Fleetwood Mac and had the suspension set on Comfort.

Oh, yeah, ps: this was an annual service or 10K miles. I had 7,100 miles on the clock, 1,700 of which were put on by by the sales manager and potential buyers. The car runs perfect.

Edited by freelunch
p.s.
  • Like 1