bring back the new steering wheel look

rkhshm

My Octy is about 2 yrs old and over this period because of a lot of palm creams, oils and so on the steering wheel has become shiny .

I want to restore this to the original look, so last weekend i took the help of a toothbrush and some soap water.

However it didn't give me the result i was expecting.

Any idea how i can get back that brushed look into the steering wrap?

The steering come leather wrapped from the showroom. I've not made any mods yet.

Either, re-wrap the steering wheel (expensive to have professionally done) or replace the steering wheel (again, expensive).

As far as I'm aware, once the leather has worn, there isn't a lot you can do to the original surface to restore it to the matte finish that it was when you got it. May be worth trying some matte leather cleaner, can be had fairly cheaply. But I expect that would wear off soon if it worked.

try heaven for leather cleaner with a soft brush (horse hair) and damp micro fibre

spray on, brush up to a foam, let the foam absorb then wipe off with the mirco, should bring a lot of dirt and oil out and see from there. But if the leather has been worn to a smooth shine not a lot you can do

3 hours ago, gman88667733 said:

Is that product still available at supermarkets?

Flash do one found in most supermarkets though you can find them in pound shops but these only last one go. 

I used one on leather seats too.