SE L Executive

I was going for a SE L until I saw the sportline in the brochure, the SE L is a great looking car. Got a 2.0 TDI 150 Sportline a few weeks ago, the engine is more than capable.

Went for Laser White must get pictures up here sometime.

I should be having mine delivered Thursday 2nd.

1.4, Pacific Blue, Ventilated/Heated Beige seats, Heated Screen and nozzles, DSG and Paddles, Blind Spot, Colour Maxidot, Traffic Sign, Pegasus wheels.

1 hour ago, cormac81 said:

I was going for a SE L until I saw the sportline in the brochure, the SE L is a great looking car. Got a 2.0 TDI 150 Sportline a few weeks ago, the engine is more than capable.

Went for Laser White must get pictures up here sometime.

Good call. The sportline looks smart in laser white, the black trim pieces really set it off.

• Thanks 1

I've got  a 1.4 TSi SE L Estate in Quartz Grey - on dull days it can look a bit drab, but when it's clean and the sun is out it looks pretty sharp.  Performance is amazing considering the engine capacity.  Standard SE L spec I think, so  a bit miffed I haven't got lane assist and traffic sign reading, but I love the adaptive cruise control.

(oh - and I live near Chester as well!)

I couldn't get a 1.4TSI DSG to test drive - Skoda UK didn't seem to have one in April. I bet they do now. Not a problem because I had the same engine and gearbox in the Audi that I had.

I got a 220PS 2.0TSI DSG and I have to say it felt more lethargic than the A3. I did wonder if this meant the 1.4TSI Superb would be worse... but it seems better. I really do think Skoda has made it difficult to access the power of the more powerful cars to make it easier to get lower emissions in the tests.

19 hours ago, aldouk said:

If the hatch is slightly longer, does this impact the leg room or hardly noticeable?

I don't think leg room is an issue in either car seeing as you can almost have a dance in front of the back seats. :D

• Like 1

I bought mine largely for this reason.  My kids were fighting over who had to sit behind me (I'm not massive, 6ft) in our Megane.  So I figured there were plenty of cars that were a bit bigger but if I was going to spend money, they may as well see a BIG difference.  I don't think they can kick my seat even if they try now!

Yes well we will have two outer kids seats so my oldest goes in the middle. At the moment I have to move my Touran driver seat forward every time he gets in and out but won’t need to now 

25 minutes ago, beerok said:

So... test drive tomorrow!!!

cannot wait!!B)B)B)

Mitchells? Who are you dealing with. Ask Ben where my blooming car is. He told me 8-10 weeks lol

16 hours ago, aldouk said:

Mitchells? Who are you dealing with. Ask Ben where my blooming car is. He told me 8-10 weeks lol

Yes Mitchell’s. I had word with Ben :D

I’m dealing with Dawn. Loved the car so just working out a deal .... watch this space!!!

I have the hatch in the 150 DSG. Excellent car, zero problems 18 months in. Power is not massive, and it's a big car so you never feel like you are in a sports car but with the amount of torque on tap it never feels at all slow. Son feels short changed I did not get heated rear seats!

9 hours ago, LeeBB said:

I have the hatch in the 150 DSG. Excellent car, zero problems 18 months in. Power is not massive, and it's a big car so you never feel like you are in a sports car but with the amount of torque on tap it never feels at all slow. Son feels short changed I did not get heated rear seats!

That’s good. If I miss the power too much, I’ll get it mapped but tbh coming from a Touran I’m sure it’ll be fine. 

After looking around at second hand cars I think I am going to now order new due to the great price I have managed to get on a 280 Executive SE L (under £28k for standard spec with metallic paint). Going to have to be a factory order so now thinking of adding a couple of extras!!!!( always a dangerous game). What are peoples views on the following:

Travel assist and traffic sign recognition. (looks cheap and I believe other functions can be turned on once you have the camera that is in this extra but what are the other features)?

Front passenger seat control (what is this?)

DCC: worth the money on the SE L? At the moment I am not really considering this but any view would be good

Heated windscreen nozzles: (cheap so why not!!!)

Rear wiper (free but think it is included in new spec anyway but will make sure it is added)

DSG paddles (cheap so think I will add for the fun factor)

Colour maxi dot screen (looks nice and cheap so will add)

Pegassus wheels

Rear seat release from boot (cheap and could be handy, views?)

KESSY (worth the cost? does it not come with stop/start as standard so only really paying for the keyless entry also then looked at the virtual pedal with this but is it actually useful and do you use it much?)

Electric adjustable front seats (the driver is already electric so is this £500 for just the passenger seat? Does anyone have the ventilated seats and are they worth the extra?)

Front and rear parking sensors (thought it came with rear ones as standard but could be wrong?)

I think that covers most of the extras but anything anyone would consider a must have? Seen a few comments around the Canton sound system but £600 would buy some nice after market speakers to fit in the OEM spaces if needed anyway or does the Canton system have speakers in different locations (I assume the head unit/amps are the same for either option).

43 minutes ago, PSM said:

Travel assist and traffic sign recognition. (looks cheap and I believe other functions can be turned on once you have the camera that is in this extra but what are the other features)?

This will show you the traffic signs (mostly speed) in the maxi dot display. If there aren't any it will pick up the speed from the sat nav. It allows you to get enabled lane assist for example and high beam assist both of which cost more than TSR.

Front passenger seat control (what is this?)

I am guessing it's the control on the side of the seat that allows you to adjust the front passenger seat from the rear to make more room. So you will also need electric front passenger seat (not standard on SE L Executive)

DCC: worth the money on the SE L? At the moment I am not really considering this but any view would be good

I had it on a Passat and have it on the Superb. It makes a subtle difference.

Heated windscreen nozzles: (cheap so why not!!!)

I would get these for the winter - don't understand why they are not standard.

Rear wiper (free but think it is included in new spec anyway but will make sure it is added)

Don't think it's ever standard on the hatchback - I'd get it. Yes it's no cost but some prefer without it so it looks more like a saloon.

DSG paddles (cheap so think I will add for the fun factor)

I had these on the Audi and on my Superb. Occasionally use them on the motorway to change down a gear for example. I have rarely used a DSG car in manual mode for too long.

Colour maxi dot screen (looks nice and cheap so will add)

It looks nicer and not expensive.

Pegassus wheels

Nicer to look at than the standard wheels for sure :)

How often will you need to drop the rear seats? Cheap yes, but how often will you use this?

KESSY (worth the cost? does it not come with stop/start as standard so only really paying for the keyless entry also then looked at the virtual pedal with this but is it actually useful and do you use it much?)

Stop-start is when it turns off the car when stationary. The SE L Exec does not have keyless start so if you want that you need KESSY. I don't find having to use a key a problem.

Electric adjustable front seats (the driver is already electric so is this £500 for just the passenger seat? Does anyone have the ventilated seats and are they worth the extra?)

How often will you need to adjust the front passenger seat? As for ventilation, had this on a Passat and it was okay but not used often (in the UK).

Front and rear parking sensors (thought it came with rear ones as standard but could be wrong?)

It's a big car so get the front sensors. Rears are standard. I got the park pilot because it comes with the extra 4 sensors on the side and warns you when you're near things alongside. Tried auto park a few times for a laugh.

I think that covers most of the extras but anything anyone would consider a must have?

I went for Smart lighting which comes with active lane assist and blind spot monitoring. Not so much for the upgraded lights but the blind spot monitoring and the warnings from rear traffic alert when parking/reversing. A bit pricey at £950 most of which is not for the lighting.

• Thanks 1

I've just ordered a 280 sportline combi, which differs a bit in spec to yours, but we chose to add front sensors and rear camera, heated screen and nozzles, heated seats, spare wheel and variable floor, release from boot and travel assist. And towbar, mainly for the bike carrier.

I currently drive a Vectra estate that is pretty much the same length and 70mm narrower, so quite a lot of those extras were from 13 years experience living with the Vectra, and also from things we like with the missus's SE L Yeti.

• Thanks 1

I am waiting for my Superb to arrive (29.12) but I have had DSG paddles in my two previous cars and I found them quite useful, especially when taking over a car or a truck. Just before it´s easy to put car to smaller gear and taking over goes easy. Even more helpful if you have icy roads and you don´t want car to take down gears (and tires slipping) when pushing the pedal.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, PSM said:

Not necessary on the saloon, I reach in from the side of the hatch opening and use the lever on the top of the seat.

• Thanks 2

Thanks for all the replies.

Due to costs mounting quickly I think I need to decided between KESSY/Virtual Pedal or Canton sound system. I am currently leaning towards the Canton having heard it yesterday in a Sportline. My wifes Leaf had keyless entry and although it was good it really is not a lot of hassle to push a button on a key were as I will enjoy the improved sounds in the car every ride.

I was reading the specs and unclear whether I will get the dipping side mirrors without ordering the electric seat for the passenger side (says needs to have electric front seats) or will the fact the driver seat is electric on the SE L be enough to allow this function?

I have a MY2018 SEL Executive, I got KESSY because I'm a wheelchair user and can't reach the boot when it's open but can close it using the keyfob. KESSY also got me the keyless start.

I only have the electric driver's seat, as standard, and I have the dipping passenger side mirror, and both outside mirrors also have automatic dimming as standard.

• Thanks 1