SE L Executive

On 11/14/2017 at 13:34, PSM said:

After looking around at second hand cars I think I am going to now order new due to the great price I have managed to get on a 280 Executive SE L (under £28k for standard spec with metallic paint). Going to have to be a factory order so now thinking of adding a couple of extras!!!!( always a dangerous game). What are peoples views on the following:

Travel assist and traffic sign recognition. (looks cheap and I believe other functions can be turned on once you have the camera that is in this extra but what are the other features)?

Front passenger seat control (what is this?)

DCC: worth the money on the SE L? At the moment I am not really considering this but any view would be good

Heated windscreen nozzles: (cheap so why not!!!)

Rear wiper (free but think it is included in new spec anyway but will make sure it is added)

DSG paddles (cheap so think I will add for the fun factor)

Colour maxi dot screen (looks nice and cheap so will add)

Pegassus wheels

Rear seat release from boot (cheap and could be handy, views?)

KESSY (worth the cost? does it not come with stop/start as standard so only really paying for the keyless entry also then looked at the virtual pedal with this but is it actually useful and do you use it much?)

Electric adjustable front seats (the driver is already electric so is this £500 for just the passenger seat? Does anyone have the ventilated seats and are they worth the extra?)

Front and rear parking sensors (thought it came with rear ones as standard but could be wrong?)

I think that covers most of the extras but anything anyone would consider a must have? Seen a few comments around the Canton sound system but £600 would buy some nice after market speakers to fit in the OEM spaces if needed anyway or does the Canton system have speakers in different locations (I assume the head unit/amps are the same for either option).

You'd need to be an orangutan to reach the front passenger seat electric adjustment even if you pay to have the additional ones on the side of the seat backrest, have you ever sat in the back of a Superb 3? 

• Thanks 1

Starting to narrow down on the options now and coming in around £1400 extra although a large portion of that is the Canton system and heated windscreen. Most of the rest is the low cost option that may not add much but price is low so why not (like paddles, colour screen, travel assist). Last thing to decide is the LED package inside. From what I can see you can get illuminated vanity mirrors in the visors for free so all the package gives is LED reading lights (assume you get non LED ones as standard) and then some trim lights as well as a few areas like door handles. Seems like quite a lot just to look nice or do any of the lights really provide a useful function (I tend to prefer the interior of the car to be dark in the night anyway).

Yes because the SE L Exec has everything on the SE and then its own differences/extras. The specifications/price brochure on the Skoda website lists what is in each trim level.

• Thanks 1

ACC is better than I originally thought when I had a Superb on loan in April. Tried it and wasn't so sure but didn't try it much - and I had the car a week! I've had cruise control on all cars since my Golf GTI in 1999.

Then had it on a Passat GTE and was impressed how it worked on motorways but the controls are better on the Superb. Like my previous Audi there is a separate stalk rather than buttons on the steering wheel. Much better. I've since used it even on a roads and let active steering kick in too :-)

Something that is not obvious is you can switch from ACC to speed limit by pressing a button on the underside of the cruise control stalk. Well you know it's there is you read the manual I suppose.

Edited by rtj70

On 11/17/2017 at 22:50, rtj70 said:

Something that is not obvious is you can switch from ACC to speed limit by pressing a button on the underside of the cruise control stalk. Well you know it's there is you read the manual I suppose.

Don't know if I have the button, will look tonight.  

Drove a fabia loaner with speed limiter but no cruise last year.

There is a button on the underneath, I found it after reading this thread. It's on the right hand side of it just before the stalk narrows as it goes into the steering column.

Whatever speed you set the acc to, is the max speed the car will do when the limit button is pressed. So you can have ypur foot to the floor, but if the limit is set at 30, 30 is the fastest you will go.

Handy for average speed cameras.

Actually I was wrong on how the limit works as I've just tried it again.

When you set the speed limiter, the acc is not on. So you will still need to use the accelerator to go.  You just can't go above the speed you set.

And when they move away your car will accelerate back up to the set speed. 

If you have active lane assist and DSG, if you enable ACC at lower speeds that actually enabled Traffic Jam Assist. It will slow down and stop the car, following the car in front and staying in lane.

Just ordered my new car. Executive SL 280 in petrol blue. Getting Pegasus wheels, rear wiper, spare wheel, paddles, canton, heated windscreen, traffic sign camera, led package, mats and full tank of fuel. All for £30k. Just have to wait until march now!!!!

Hi all, 

For those who have or will be purchasing a new Superb. Mine is going back after only 7k miles. I can’t sell the options I purchased back to Skoda so if you are interested in saving a few quid please see below.

All the following items are optional and do not come as standard with the SE L

Reversable boot floor

Net program including hooks

Full set of Superb car mats

Transmission tunnel protector

Tablet Phone holder ( great for the little ones)

Tyre kit ( this does come as standard )

£200 for the lot

Should be about £500ish new 

F0D29977-E841-4670-8A8E-B350A091FD65.jpeg

02A8B0C4-3BF2-49DB-A8B7-8C8C8F66069B.jpeg

8230D4EF-49E9-455F-BAF0-F618E7FE9E7B.jpeg