Rear light (Side light) snag

Bit of a weird snag, my rear drivers side, sidelights fail to operate everything else is fine!

A friend of mine told me my sidelights weren't working and on inspection sure enough the two red ones (around the indicator) were not working. So after removing the rear unit and replacing the bulbs still not working,but everything else is fog light, indicators, and reversing light i will admit someone has "scotchlocked" the towbar into these wires but why would these lights not work when everything else does have i missed a fuse?

Hi Wino its a 2008 model nowhere does it state fuse for right hand side weird it doesn't even state where the sidelight fuse is, i know the bulbs are working as the right side parking lights are working fine

Edited by bombheads12

ok after further examination and a natter with my mrs (dont laugh she comes out with brilliant ideas) and a word to the wise 

1. The Roomy does in fact have seperate fuses

2. The Elsa win diagrams are the wrong way round 

3. The Rotary switch controls left and right sidelight power

4. Removal of switch is easy when you know how,ie place switch to "O" position push button and rotate about 10 degrees and pull (it will pop out believe me).

5. Unclip wiring 

6. Install to new Switch 

7. Push in switch (until you hear a click )

8. hopefully rotate switch and hey presto both lights working lol 

p. s. just in case you need it the part number is   1U0941531D  usually just ebay it and yes Skoda Octavia, Golf etc will work

Edited by bombheads12
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1