Engine oil

What a load of nonsense.  Scarmongering.    It was the oil supplied to top up that was wrong. 

I just told him what the correct oil was and told him he had got that at the service.

Read the thread.

Start with the post.

The OP is from 2017 & is about a Mk2 vRS and the oil.

There is no scaring anyone.  The engines are what the engines are with the failure rate they have.

The engine service code was for Fixed Servicing until changed later on to variable / flexible.

The Recommended oil for fixed or variable serving from VW Group is Long Life oil.  You can use Fully Synthetic oil that is not long life.

The same thing with the spark plugs, there was the OEM then a change and at dealers and servicing owners got told all sorts.

People here are grown up,s, they can do as they please, they can carry on as things were going on and having to ask here what oil to use.

I make my suggestions, say why.  They can ignore as an when they want.

Telling people that just use what the manufacturer says is what kept going on and the engines kept failing.

People including dealership staff were saying 1 litre oil in 1,000 km used was OK. The figure in manuals was actually 0.5 litres in 1,000 km / 621 miles,

Every little thing was important and it was just a case of watching and not running low oil levels. 

Nothing in this was to do with 1.2 TSI,s or other engines.  Other than they were changed in 2012, got different oil filters and a different oil capacity. Still the VW504 00 / 507 00 long life oil recommended by VW or the VW502 00 for fixed services,

Screenshot 2023-09-10 04.45.07.png

Edited by toot