Bluetooth setup on Yeti 1.2 TSI SE 2011 plate

Lbe

Hi 

I just got a 2011 plate Yeti - it has a Bolero 6 CD changer radio unit installed which looks like it should allow me to use phone in car.

I've an iPhone but it doesn't find the skoda bluetooth although it works fine for other things like my tv so bluetooth is setup ok on phone.

The dealer couldn't help me - is there anyway to check if bluetooth is enabled on the skoda?

Thx.

Linda

Hi Brijo

Just checked - nothing under drivers seat.  I've found the radio which is in the car online https://www.carcommunications.co.uk/car-accessories/hands-free-car-kit/skoda-bluetooth/genuine-latest-skoda-handsfree-bluetooth-telephone-wireless-music-streaming-oem-kit_6568  Mine looks exactly like it but I don't have any of the menus or displays.. My phone is an iPhone 5 - will see if any of kids phones connect.

Edited by Lbe

3 hours ago, Lbe said:

I've an iPhone but it doesn't find the skoda bluetooth although it works fine for other things like my tv so bluetooth is setup ok on phone.

The dealer couldn't help me - is there anyway to check if bluetooth is enabled on the skoda?

Thx.

Linda

Hi Linda, try using the Skodas Bluetooth to search for the phone, that might work.

46 minutes ago, Macdemon said:

Hi Linda, try using the Skodas Bluetooth to search for the phone, that might work.

I think it has now been confirmed that the car doesn't have the Bluetooth unit fitted.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

Don’t forget that Bluetooth enabling is done via the steering wheel NOT the Bolero interface.......I wasted my time.

I've had a look at system setup through steering wheel but nothing referring to Bluetooth. Sadly looks like it's not on this model. Bit infuriating really as was given impression that I would be able to use my phone through it.  Thx tho. 

1 hour ago, Expatman said:

Bit off piste but many Satnavs now have bluetooth built in and can pair with your phone and give you the capability you need.

Thanks - will have to start looking at other options. :)

Hi Lbe

I'm certainly not the expert on all things bluetooth and Skoda but I too have a Yeti without bluetooth and I am in the process of retro fitting it.

The process of retrofitting isn't terribly complicated.  You would need to source a compatible bluetooth module (new or 2nd hand) from somewhere like eBay anything between £60-120, a wiring loom and microphone about £55 and then 10 minutes worth of VCDS coding to tick a check box in the cars software and then somebody to install it all.

By far the easiest and cheapest method of getting bluetooth in the Yeti is to buy one of those in-car visor kits - Plantronics K100 is very very good and seems to win all the awards.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wetflyingmonkey said:

Hi Lbe

I'm certainly not the expert on all things bluetooth and Skoda but I too have a Yeti without bluetooth and I am in the process of retro fitting it.

The process of retrofitting isn't terribly complicated.  You would need to source a compatible bluetooth module (new or 2nd hand) from somewhere like eBay anything between £60-120, a wiring loom and microphone about £55 and then 10 minutes worth of VCDS coding to tick a check box in the cars software and then somebody to install it all.

By far the easiest and cheapest method of getting bluetooth in the Yeti is to buy one of those in-car visor kits - Plantronics K100 is very very good and seems to win all the awards.

Thank you for all the information above - I will look into it a bit more before deciding what to do.  What a great forum this is. Appreciate all your help 

• Like 1