Quantum long life gold V Quantum platinum

Doofy

Simple question, My Octavia 140 PD is on 105 thousand miles now, Its always been run on long life quantum oil from new on long life service regime which i don't follow anymore, Its changed every 6 months now. It uses a little bit of oil but not excessive..Should i switch to Platinum 5w/40 oil now the car is getting on? is there any benefits using gold or platinum oil? 

Edited by Doofy

• 2 weeks later...

105k is not that much these days!

How many miles are you doing between changes and what sort of journeys/driving do you do? How much oil is it using per 1000 miles?

If it was my car I'd probably just stick with the long life oil and change it once a year or every 10k miles.

• Like 1

The 5/40w is perfectly fine for that engine and 10K/1 year servicing. At 105K a fault due to a lubrication issue is probably bottom of the list of things to go wrong

Edited by SuperbTWM
  • Like 1

Thanks for the replies, Im doing about 30 miles a day to and from work, some stop start but mainly duel carriageways. Using about less than a quarter litre of oil every 1000 miles. Im now changing the oil and filter every 7 months or so, Always been a stickler for regular oil changes on all the cars ive had.

• 2 weeks later...