BMW 330e M Sport

planehazza

• 5 weeks later...

So couple of weeks in.. Really enjoying it so far!!

Real battery range is coming in around 12-14 miles for me, which just about covers the commute round trip.. 

Based on this - Compared to the Cupra on this journey alone should save me around £500 a year in fuel!

Some of the longer journeys we have done vary depending on battery charge - a trip from mancheser to central york over the weekend was 70mpg using the sat-nav and eco-pro mode, as soon as the car got onto the first mway sliproad the engine started as it was automatically saving the majority of battery charge for York urban roads, the trip back was around 55mpg, but thats due to only having 35% battery left when leaving but still very respectable for a 250bhp petrol car.. and it also shifts very respectably for a heavy eco-minded car too!!! ;)

Now have a proper 32a charge-point fitted at home so it charges the car in a couple of hours and means i dont loose battery charge when pre-conditioning.

Tried to use a couple of GMEV chargepoints over the weekend too - none of which worked right for me, plugging into the post when told to by the app and it would sit at "waiting to charge"  - Not a massive issue as the costs involved in most "occasional use" public charging dont add up for a PHEV, as the connection charge negates the benefit with such a small battery.

I did manage to get a small (free) charge at a local Lidl store from a PodPoint installation - its a rapid charger so didnt stick around long to anger the full EV brigade when i can only charge at less than 10% the max rate the charger can deliver lol.

IMG_20180402_123908.jpg

On 4/2/2018 at 18:50, Neo_VR said:

So couple of weeks in.. Really enjoying it so far!!

Very nice car, but I think you might need to update your 'CAR:' 

unless you still have the Cupra :) 

10 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

Very nice car, but I think you might need to update your 'CAR:' 

unless you still have the Cupra :) 

Well hello there Amanda. long time no speak :)

I do still have the Cupra for now ;) 

And when it does go back in november, no doubt its spot on the drive will be taken by something somewhat less practical and sensible :D

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, abaxas said:

The main issue is nothing says "I'm a middle manager on 40k a year" quite like a BMW.

I'm not sure what that's meant to mean but I'm not a manager, on less than that, and am still enjoying my 3 month old 530e. :)