Superb Sportline in Dragon Green Delivery Time ???

Hi Folks,

Looking for some help / thoughts here as currently GOING STIR CRAZY !!!

Put a £500 deposit down on 26th Sept. for the 2.0 TDI 190BHP Superb Sportline Hatch in Dragon Green Metallic. Tomorrow (7th November) will be 6 weeks since I ordered it from dealership in Glasgow, Scotland..........BUT still no date given by dealer.........

Nice business guy and good dealership and got my current Octavia VRS estate from them.

First of all was told after 2 weeks order was received on Skoda production system in Czech and date would be received soon. 2 weeks ago (week 4 since ordering) I was told the dealership just found out that as it was Dragon Green metallic - the actual bodywork is sent OUT to be painted by a 3rd party and then brought back into the Skoda production facility and then the car is built ! Was told allegedly, that this should be within the average 3 months build time from date of order - not 3 months when the painted panels etc. are sent back to be put together. So from ordering late September and hoping that I might receive late Dec. (doubtful - Christmas) or early to Mid January.......now thinking this could take a lot longer.

In terms of extra - tilt and slide sunroof and electric tailgate.  That's it.

Any thoughts ???

Driving me crazy !

It took me 8 weeks to get a build date. 12 weeks appears to be the average time it takes a factory order. Ask your dealer for the order number and you can then ask skoda through live chat for updates saves ringing the dealer every week. 

I was initially told 8-10 weeks for my 2.0 TSI, Quartz grey, L&K Estate. Took 6 weeks to get a build date which was actually the same week that was supposed to be the delivery week 10 week delivery date.

I'm now at week 16 and have been promised I should have it by the end of the week.

Edited by Tron

As I put deposit down very close to your date figured this is worth sharing - for my L&K 220 TSI deposit paid on 24th September, been told build week 13th November (was unconfirmed a couple of weeks ago, followed up today) and ETA of late December by my dealer.  Petrol blue, plus added sunroof, towbar, reversing camera and a few other extras. 

Edited by nicklouse

SO AN UPDATE................got the order # and chatted with Skoda Customer Services today (6 weeks from paid deposit)...............disappointing to say the least - copy of text from Skoda Customer Services below:

Thank you for waiting Donald. As all new orders are currently being updated to reflect the Model Year 18 updates, the dates that were perhaps previously assigned would have been cancelled so that the updates can take place. The new dates for orders should be generated within the next couple of weeks. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.  

I'm very sorry to hear that Donald. Regarding no date yet being assigned to your order, I can only assume that as it usually takes a few weeks for the order to have an automatic slot assigned, the Factory may have taken the decision to hold off on placing a date on your order as the Model Year 18 updates were so close. I can confirm that the lead time for your vehicle stands at 17 weeks.

Once the order has a date confirmed, the time from build to delivery is usually around 6 weeks.

Come on Skoda...........poor communication between you / dealer and your prospective customer...........on the plus side I know I'll be getting the updated Columbus / satnav touch screen and more importantly the new 7 Speed DSG box (was a 6 speed diesel and the TSI unit already had the 7 speed version) for this 2.0TDI 190BHP diesel unit...........

Wait goes on.

My dealer came back today - "Your vehicle is still currently showing a provisional build of next week, so I think it would be unlikely to change now"....  But if that was the case then surely factory would have put it to confirmed :)  Hopefully all will become clear next week!

I was told initially week 3 then it moved to week 50. I’ve just emailed again to see if any difference but as you elide to, MY18 impacts it. Although plenty of 7 speed DSG in stock so shouldn’t delay too much. 

So I can collcet my L&K tomorrow so pretty much 17 weeks all in.

Now i just need to argue the point about the £40 drive away charge which wasnt mentioned at point of order...

Edited by Tron

1 hour ago, SteveWh said:

Ordered my Sportline on Sept 7th, still waiting for a build week

Really? I’d be getting on to that dealer. I ordered 16th October and I have the build week already. 

13 minutes ago, Tron said:

So I can collcet my L&K tomorrow so pretty much 17 weeks all in.

Now i just need to argue the point about the £40 drive away charge which wasnt mentioned at point of order...

£40 drive away charge, what an earth is that?!

17 minutes ago, aldouk said:

Sportline DSG 150 diesel 

two options added. Traffic sign recognition and electric tailgate. 

Ive ordered sportline estate, laser white, 190 diesel dsg 4 x4 with front parking sensors and DCC. Dealer said he has emailed skoda for update

9 hours ago, Tron said:

This is the line from my collection email " In order to Drive away a chargeable   £40.00   for fuel be collected on collection. "

If there putting £40 of fuel in make sure you get a receipt from he Petrol Station off the dealer. We all know what dealers are like don't we

Oh I have no intention of paying this, I didn't ask them to do it and the 5 litres of fuel from the factory would have been sufficient to get me to the petrol station just down the road and I'm certainly going to let them know my feelings on the subject and that I will not be using them to service the car.

Edited by Tron
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, SteveWh said:

Ive ordered sportline estate, laser white, 190 diesel dsg 4 x4 with front parking sensors and DCC. Dealer said he has emailed skoda for update

Envious of the 190 and 4x4 element. :D

But they’ll be looking the same and probably arrive close together. 

7 hours ago, aldouk said:

Envious of the 190 and 4x4 element. :D

But they’ll be looking the same and probably arrive close together. 

The 4 x 4 is more for piece of mind cause where I spend a good deal of time has very unpredictable weather.