VCDS and Rear Fogs Octavia MkIII

Applied the "Enable Both Rear Fog Lights" tweak on this forum to my rear fogs and still have only one on. I noticed the sticks says set the "Dimmwert" to 100 - tried this and nothing. From my previous autoscan I noticed that the driver's side "Dimmwert" is 127 so set near side to that too but still nothing.

Any ideas?

The most important all of VCDS mods has been done namely my Octy now has Needle Sweep activated. My life is perfect.

DOH!!!!!! Do you know I didn't think to look. I'll check in the morning. :blush: I bet you're right another penny pinching move by VW I wouldn't be surprised.

I have checked my colleagues' FL and the LEDs are missing from the other (in our case: right) cluster. I can smell some serious cost cutting....

The 'funny' thing is that even the PCB is present but the LEDs are missing. You can see the solder pads.

If you are in the same boat you have to buy a new cluster for double rear fog lights...

Edited by aki78

8 minutes ago, aki78 said:

Mine is a pre-FL with 'LED' rear clusters. The bulb was already in place I only had to activate it.

I've twin rear fogs on my 230 ( Pre FL ). Only the rear lights are LED, the reversing/brake/rear fogs and indicators are " Normal " bulbs.

I think you can activate the rear fogs to come on as brake lights as well but still keeping the twin rear fogs when swiched on as rear fogs

**  Other Bulbs/Light clusters are available  **

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

53 minutes ago, aki78 said:

I have checked my colleagues' FL and the LEDs are missing from the other (in our case: right) cluster. I can smell some serious cost cutting....

The 'funny' thing is that even the PCB is present but the LEDs are missing. You can see the solder pads.

If you are in the same boat you have to buy a new cluster for double rear fog lights...

Why a new cluster if just the LED is missing?

can you not just fit a LED?

10 minutes ago, Tim1631 said:

Why a new cluster if just the LED is missing?

can you not just fit a LED?

No, they are built-in and not accessible. We are talking about small SMD LEDs soldered on a circuit board.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YMe said:

Applied the "Enable Both Rear Fog Lights" tweak on this forum to my rear fogs and still have only one on. I noticed the sticks says set the "Dimmwert" to 100 - tried this and nothing. From my previous autoscan I noticed that the driver's side "Dimmwert" is 127 so set near side to that too but still nothing.

Any ideas?

The most important all of VCDS mods has been done namely my Octy now has Needle Sweep activated. My life is perfect.

Just realised that yours is a pre-FL. Ignore what I wrote about the FL rear clusters.

You can PM me an adaptation map and I can have a look. :)

4 minutes ago, StephenVRS said:

I recently acitvated my left rear fog light in my 2014 VRs, the bulb was there, all worked fine.
@aki78 I think the OP's car is a 2017 1.5 so I think it is a facelift?

+1

Problem now solved thanks to aki78 who looked at my admap created when I bought the car a few days ago and suggested I also did the following:-

Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lasttyp 26 - from 'not active' to '32 - allgemeine LED bis 12W '

in addition to the "Tried and Tested tweaks thread.

Both rear fogs now working.