Traffic Information West of Bristol

On my 2014 Octavia with Amundsen Sat Nav, I've noticed that the Traffic Information system never seems to pick up any traffic delays when we are in the West Country.  It always says no reports. If it does show anything it always seem to be roads north or east of Bristol!  The system works fine elsewhere in the UK.  The software was checked by the local Skoda Dealer about a year ago.  Any ideas what the problem might be?  I can't see anything wrong in the settings.

Hi

I did wonder myself,  if it's the source that is the problem.  Last time caught in sationary traffic, my wife did check the highways agency site and there were no reports on that or the traffic information in the car.  So perhaps that is the problem.  But why only in west country!

3 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

The west country is well known for its slower pace of life therefore, I doubt there is any demand for traffic info down there !!!

LOL re slower pace of life.  The M5 can be dreadfull, as can the roads round Bristoil & Bath.

36 minutes ago, Redboy said:

Don't use the M5 near Bristol on Fridays. It simply stops from the M32 until past Weston Super Mare, I blame all those affluent Londoners chugging down to their holiday homes and gagging for Doombar and pasties B)

Agree 100%.

Those of us that actually live in the West Country soon learn to plan our trips to the rest of the UK such that we NEVER try to come home on a Friday! Damn Grockels :wall:

Edited by SWBoy

13 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

1st trip with my new car was 5-1/4 hours Southampton to Paignton on August Bank Holiday Friday night.

Averaged 22mph FFS

Friday - Bank holiday - Devon. Need I say more?  :dull:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

My wifes idea, I now know why her arse is so big, its cos she's fulla ****

Your wife either isn't a member of this site or you're very brave :D

48 minutes ago, TDIum said:

Google maps tells you the up-to-date traffic wherever you are, even in the lands of the clotted cream and pastie botherers. 

Provided you have mobile data coverage, which even in some less remote parts of the West Country can be very patchy - as looking at the online coverage maps will show.