Greetings

SeanG

Hi folks,

I’ve been a long time reader of the forum (lurker!) but thought it about time I formalised myself. 

Currently driving a 2011 Octavia 2.0D/DSG Elegance (with a host of extras) and waiting for my new FL Octavia due for delivery mid-late Jan (BW49).  It’s another 2.0D/DSG with Sportline upgrade (and a few additional upgrades too). 

Was planning on going with the new 1.5 TSI but Skoda Ireland made the (ridicules/stupid/crazy) decision not to offer it with DSG!

Cheers,

Sean

• Like 1

Hello SeanG welcome along to the forum its better on the in side you know when you join the hotel Briskoda you can never leave .;)

Its mad what options  they offer in one country and not another .:wondering::shake:

Cheers Jed. I appreciate that the market in Ireland is much smaller than UK and others but how hard could it be to add DSG to the lineups.

I was seriously considering the Karoq but again, only avail with manual 1.5. I wasn’t interested in the 1.0 but wanted to move to Petrol with all the conversations on diesel.  At this stage I’ll worry about my 2.0D in 3 or so years when I trade-in... LOL

Welcome Sean!  Whereabouts in the country are you?  Your 181 Octavia should be very nice!  Skoda Ireland do make some unusual decisions.  Same with the 1.4ACT Superb only being offered in limited spec and even at that, it took ages for them to offer that engine in a market that is clearly moving away from diesel.