PID woes

charliesugar

I just picked up a 2016 Citigo today and am loving everything about it so far...apart from the PID.

I gave up on dedicated sat nav units several years ago and happily use google maps on my i-phone so am rather stumped by the PID which seems to be a useless clunky thing to me...or am I missing something?

I have no intention of paying the silly amounts they want for map updates and living in east London I would not dream of leaving any device plugged in on permanent display, nor do I want to go back to lugging an extra device around with me in my handbag.

Is there a sensible way to use my phone and google in the car? any kind of adapter so I can use the mount and avoid charging wires cluttering the dash?

Just buy a phone holder....... Connect the phone to the HU via the AUX in socket on the front and then switch the HU to the AUX input.... Your directions will then come through the car speakers.

HU = Head Unit..... i.e. the radio in the dash. ;) 

I can't remember the exact name on the button but it's something like "media" each time you press it it changes from CD to AUX to PORTABLE (the PID) etc, etc...... The AUX socket is the small what looks like a headphone socket bottom right of the HU.

Edited by WaveyDavey
  • Thanks 1

Using this method will obviously mean you can't listen to the radio as you will have the HU set to the AUX input......

The only two ways around this would be to play any music you wanted from the phone at the same time..... Or have the radio on as normal and the phone not connected to the HU. This would then mean you would have the sat-nav directions coming out of the phones built in speaker.