Aqua Wax Vs ?

Dave3283

Hi All,

Could someone recommend an alternative to Auto glym Aqua wax?

I am a big fan of it but as I'm running out I though I may give a different brand a try.

I use it as part of my maintenance wash to top up my applied wax ( currently Finish Kare 1000p but also have collinite 476 ) and I really like the drying aid part when applied to a wet freshly washed car.

Which other brands offer a QD/drying aid product that I can apply like Auto Glym?

• 5 weeks later...
On 03/01/2018 at 21:26, Phillips said:

I use Auto Finesse Aqua Coat, bloody brilliant stuff, spray on rinse off, good for ~2 months

Just got some of this stuff.

Very impressed with it & extremely simple to use.

• Like 1

Hi All,

Just thought I would update,

I have been using the Chemical Guys After wash on mine and My wife's cars since i ordered it back in December and it is very good,

My opinion is it is about the same as the Auto glym Aqua wax maybe a little better but no big difference.

I would certainly use it again, 

I will move on to the next one on my list when I have used it and report back.

@Phillips @Jon TDI the Auto finesse appears to be more of a spray on rinse off product, I'm looking for products where I spray on while wet and then towel dry, unless I'm misunderstanding how its used? 

With the Auto glym and After wash, I have been using it as my last stage in my wash process leaving the car Dry and glossy and signals that I'm done :D

Edited by Dave3283

1 minute ago, Dave3283 said:

Hi All,

Just thought I would update,

I have been using the Chemical Guys After wash on mine and My wife's cars since i ordered it back in December and it is very good,

My opinion is it is about the same as the Auto glym Aqua wax maybe a little better but no big difference.

I would certainly use it again, 

I will move on to the next one on my list when I have used it and report back.

@Phillips @Jon TDI the Auto finesse appears to be more of a spray on rinse off product, I'm looking for products where I spray on while wet and then towel dry, unless I'm misunderstanding how its used? 

With the Auto glym and After wash, I have been using it as my last stage in my wash process leaving the car Dry and glossy and signals that I'm done :D

Yeah, you just wash the the car, rinse, & whilst still wet, spray on the Auto Finesse Aqua Coat all over the car. Rinse off again & you’ll see the beading instantaneously. Dry off the car as normal.

Thanks @Jon TDI not sure if you would have tried this but how does it compare when drying the car?

I find that with both the Auto glym and After wash drying is easier than if I had not used the product and dried straight after washing ( e.g. when I'm going to apply a coat of wax) I can see the water actively moving away from the QD product when sprayed. 

50 minutes ago, Dave3283 said:

Thanks @Jon TDI not sure if you would have tried this but how does it compare when drying the car?

I find that with both the Auto glym and After wash drying is easier than if I had not used the product and dried straight after washing ( e.g. when I'm going to apply a coat of wax) I can see the water actively moving away from the QD product when sprayed. 

Drying is much easier, as the water beads naturally run off the bodywork. Less time spent drying.

15 minutes ago, Jon TDI said:

Drying is much easier, as the water beads naturally run off the bodywork. Less time spent drying.

@Dave3283 once I’ve rinsed off fully I then detach the hose from the pressure washer and just run the hose over the car, this clears a good 80 - 90% of droplets left on the car, makes drying very quick. 

Only word of warning with Aqua Coat is do a panel at a time don’t spray the whole vehicle as you will most likely end up with horrible spot marks that need a good polish to get out.

• Like 2