Superb elegance- anything i should look for?

ChipMeker

Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a superb estate anything sort of 2010 onwards. Are there any common faults i should check to have been taken care of or not. 

Were injectors and issue on the Skodas as they were on some of the VW/Audi models. Ideally I would like the 170 but I am also considering the 140. TDI manual. 

Thanks in advance.

In my experience don't pay extra for the Columbus sat nav, it's rubbish the maps are out of date the screen is low res and unresponsive and it often gets locked in loops. SD card audio playback is ok but woefully slow. Dynavin N6 is a worthy replacement if you want integrated nav, or find some other aftermarket solution.

Climatronic system on some cars will 'whistle' on some cars when cold, this can be annoying enough that you want to drive off a bridge.

18 inch wheels on elegance are easily unbalanced so look for wheel wobble when accelerating at high speed 65mph+.

Make sure your local Skoda dealer is helpful, mine were useless.

BTW I had a 2014 elegance estate I chopped in early for a Mondeo Estate. Better car in every possible way. I didn't realise what a barge the Superb was til driving the Ford.