Rattle from behind centre console on brand new Fabia

Picked up my brand new Fabia III SE 1.0 75 last week. I have noticed over the last couple of days sometimes there is annoying rattle like a loose pen. It happens occasionally if I brake, accelerate or turn a corner a little sharply than normal e.g when ever the car is subjected to a slight G force. 

I played about with all the buttons and everything seems to be working, in doing so I adjusted the heater flap settings putting back into my favourite position. The noise seems to have disappeared since doing this but as it is slightly intermittent I can't be certain until I drive it again tomorrow.  I am worried it could be a problem with the heater box as moving the position of the flaps seems to have helped the noise. Anybody else got any ideas?  I have made the sure the car is completely empty and there is nothing in the glove box. I am worried although under the warranty my 130 mile car may also need a big job doing to it :( 

I also had a funny noise coming from the dash when the car was 1-month old. It wasnt like a pen, but when I turned on the ventilation it sounded like a piece of paper in the wind. Tried many stuff, like bashing the dash and doing sharp fast turns if something would move, to no avail. In the end, after a week of struggle, I used an air compressor and blew 7bars of air pressure into the right air duct on the dash. And to my surprise, a piece of white foil appeared on the other side on the grill of the left air duct (the one next to the window). Used small pliers to reach in and grab the piece of foil. 

No idea how it got in, perhaps it was an excess piece of some insulation material inside the dashboard. It does prove tho that things can get loose in the dash. 

• Like 1

An update on this, I went for a drive with a technician, it didn't do it but he said he will put it on the ramp anyway. He managed to replicate the noise and thinks it is coming from behind the steering wheel. He thinks it is a snapped clip or something rolling around. I have it booked in for the new year and they have warned me it might be a dashboard out job :( All under warranty but not really happy considering how new the car is to be without it for a week.

I wouldn't be happy at all at that either in case it made rattles begin in other places.

If possible try and record the sound with the help of a passenger.

A friend of mine just got a brand new Audi A7 and rattles behind the dash are driving him mad,it's been back to the dealer twice.

My issue is the car is good otherwise (so far) and I can't legally reject the car on the basis of a rattle. I have no choice really but to let the dealers do what they have to do and then complain if it is still not right. The sound is basically like a coin moving backwards and forwards. It only happens when I brake and when I set off again (opposite motion). I think the movement must be front to back vice versa rather than left to right. It sounds like it is becoming from either the center console or behind the steering wheel.

Also with Christmas being in the way I can't moan too much about having to wait over four weeks (or could I moan about that to SKoda?)

Our Fabia Estate 2016 had zero rattles on any road surface, it drove almost like it was entirely CNC machined out of one piece of aluminum. However nearly 2 years old and some rattles are surfacing.

First one is around the drivers door, between the headlights dial, the door and the air vent, driving me nuts, can't source it, seems temperature sensitive too, comes and goes.

Second one is a thud and squeak from the drivers B pillar around the seat belt adjuster and the drivers side back door, also annoying when turning sharply or braking, can't source it either..

I give up and I'm at a loss to sourcing these rattles, I tired to test every part if it moves but it's all solid. I'm starting to think it might be from behind the dash and B pillar for my two rattles. Which is typical because I can't get to them and sort it out.