Oil sensor workshop

Hi all last week when I started the car the oil sensor workshop came up and then went away and today it came back on and when I turned the car on and off it went away again any ideas on what can be wrong? 

Thanks 

Could it be the oil level is low or that the quality of the oil is poor. That would depend on what model/servicing regime you have (1 year/10k miles or variable).

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had same problem last week,oil sensor workshop,also no oil temperature reading on mfd,put car into local garage and diagnostics said oil level sensor (oil checked and level fine) garage changed sensor and all was well (or so I thought) as when bonnet was opened to check oil level it then resets fault (but only for a few miles) when bonnet is closed again. Oil sensor workshop and yellow oil can flashing again but went off when car underway. Went back to garage and oil sensor fault came up on diagnostics again. There is an Indy auto electrician (and a very good one) in garage and he found that 2 wires had corroded in loom situated between crossmember and steering rack, the loom and wires had been chaffing against crossmember and he said that should not have happened to a 2 year old car (out of warranty as taxi and 70k on clock. Anyway he reckoned that I wasted £90 on sensor and fitting as fault was electrical all along. All is well now and oil temperature reading is also back on mfd,I hope this info helps as last week I trawled all forums for an answer to this problem.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Check maintenance interval to be set on 30K km and G266 sensor will be active (level and temperature). Settings could be made also on 15K km but oil temperature value will not be displayed on maxi dot. Same goes with oil level warning that is disabled on short maintenance interval (15K).

Edited by safari hunter

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
On 04/01/2018 at 22:08, Errybee said:

I had same problem last week,oil sensor workshop,also no oil temperature reading on mfd,put car into local garage and diagnostics said oil level sensor (oil checked and level fine) garage changed sensor and all was well (or so I thought) as when bonnet was opened to check oil level it then resets fault (but only for a few miles) when bonnet is closed again. Oil sensor workshop and yellow oil can flashing again but went off when car underway. Went back to garage and oil sensor fault came up on diagnostics again. There is an Indy auto electrician (and a very good one) in garage and he found that 2 wires had corroded in loom situated between crossmember and steering rack, the loom and wires had been chaffing against crossmember and he said that should not have happened to a 2 year old car (out of warranty as taxi and 70k on clock. Anyway he reckoned that I wasted £90 on sensor and fitting as fault was electrical all along. All is well now and oil temperature reading is also back on mfd,I hope this info helps as last week I trawled all forums for an answer to this problem.

Thanks for this post, I had the exact same problem, and because of your description I was able to fix this myself without the expensive visit to the garage.