dasower

Had option to purchase one of last of the Yeti L&K's so had to say good bye to my much loved 5L model and get used to the FL Outdoor latest model.

The old Yeti wanted a set of tyres and a cambelt so I had to spend some cash and put it towards the new car.

This one has the Amundsen not exactly sure which model probably MIB2 and it has SmartLink activated, so does anyone know if there are any Android apps that will work with the SmartLink.

I have Google Music & Maps at the moment but they are not as good as the Amundsen options.

I asked the dealer to UPDATE the NAV Map but they said they did not have enough time to do it ( don't believe them, I think they didn't want to mess it up ) 

The SKODA site has the free map update in May & November so if you put in your VIN and download the file, then delete old files from SD card and extract downloaded file to SD card, so whats difficult about that ?

Anyone know how many mp3 Albums can you get to work reliably ? I have 30 CD of mp3 and keep losing the folder art so just get an image showing SD 1 in grey, after a short while the

artwork appears, have I got too many CD mp3 on the SD card or is 32gb to big ? 

On the Columbus RNS510 in the old Yeti I had Safety Cameras set up using Pocketgpsworld downloaded files, it took me over a week to get work out how to get the correct file format for the Amundsen and after much tonking

I have got them set up and working on the, so if anyone needs to know I can make the procedure available. I also set up POI's for Subway and where to get the cheapest fuel, this POI is not working as well as I would like.

Like the FL but the rear view mirror is too small, anyone fitted a bigger one or one from the earlier Yeti's ?

There appears to be a problem with the latest map download so I'd wait for the next.
I have 16gb SD cards with over 100 albums on and have not had a problem with artwork, all music loaded to the card is in .WMA format.
My mirror is fine for me, could it be the sunroof equipped cars have a smaller mirror.

I've just loaded the latest (NOV) edition of the maps, http://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/en-US/Updates to useless as they are so far behind the current road layouts.  For example junction 11A on the M1 has been active for some time now as has the Dunstable bypass from 11A to the A5 neither are shown.  The POI, speed camera database should be loadable via the Skoda Portal, never got it to work even after extensive discussions and reports to Skoda UK and Skoda technical, I download GPX files and use the German VW legacy POI site which works every time. http://rollout.volkswagen.de/content/de/brand/de/navigation/rns-510/poi-listen-sammlung.html 

I have my maps in SD1 which needs to be there all the time for the maps to works and music in SD2, I have many more than 30 albums (MP3) on a 32Gb card and it works fine, including art work.

If you eject an SD card you need to use the Settings option and eject the appropriate SD card 1 or 2, otherwise the system can get hung up.  Replacing the card I fire the Amundsen and insert the card which the system then recognises OK.

Get Android Auto (made by Google) and Waze.

Android Auto will be able to display on the screen , and you can set Waze as your nav app on the display. That has real-time updates (crowd sourced) that can display speed cameras, accidents, road works etc. It's so much better than the in-built sat nav on the Amundsen. That one has been trying to take me on a route that would add 15-25 mins delay on a 30 min commute each morning due to some roadworks that have been there for months, Waze goes a different way and gets me there on time.

On 07/12/2017 at 13:25, dasower said:

Had option to purchase one of last of the Yeti L&K's so had to say good bye to my much loved 5L model and get used to the FL Outdoor latest model.

The old Yeti wanted a set of tyres and a cambelt so I had to spend some cash and put it towards the new car.

This one has the Amundsen not exactly sure which model probably MIB2 and it has SmartLink activated, so does anyone know if there are any Android apps that will work with the SmartLink.

I have Google Music & Maps at the moment but they are not as good as the Amundsen options.

I asked the dealer to UPDATE the NAV Map but they said they did not have enough time to do it ( don't believe them, I think they didn't want to mess it up ) 

The SKODA site has the free map update in May & November so if you put in your VIN and download the file, then delete old files from SD card and extract downloaded file to SD card, so whats difficult about that ?

Anyone know how many mp3 Albums can you get to work reliably ? I have 30 CD of mp3 and keep losing the folder art so just get an image showing SD 1 in grey, after a short while the

artwork appears, have I got too many CD mp3 on the SD card or is 32gb to big ? 

On the Columbus RNS510 in the old Yeti I had Safety Cameras set up using Pocketgpsworld downloaded files, it took me over a week to get work out how to get the correct file format for the Amundsen and after much tonking

I have got them set up and working on the, so if anyone needs to know I can make the procedure available. I also set up POI's for Subway and where to get the cheapest fuel, this POI is not working as well as I would like.

Like the FL but the rear view mirror is too small, anyone fitted a bigger one or one from the earlier Yeti's ?

What colour yeti did you get? Shall keep my eyes peeled for you.

The colour of the one I got is white, not sure about the seat and internal colour of brown, I think it would have been better black or perhaps red !

Amazon prime music is working on mine. Only issue is that once I have started it there seems to be no way to stop it. I can pause the playback to reduce data use but with my Iphone it remains connected and I can't see how to exit it there easily either?