Oil Change

Changing oil for winter went out with the dynamo! Modern 5w-30 synthetic oil such as Quantum iii (504/507) has a cold pour point of -32deg C iirc.  Diesel will freeze (wax) well before that (-27C is the lowest winter formulation diesel I've seen available, in eastern europe)

Edited by xman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Monte_Owner said:

Bertie probably around minus 5 and that's being generous. Just leave alone then xman? Ok cheers Awaoffski :)

Yes then don't bother with anything else than what's on the owners manual or oil cap ;)

Hope you have given similar consideration to what you put in the windscreen washer tank. -5C,  ah,  I always knew that "West is best" as long as you are near the sea/Clyde, inland Ayrshire got down to about -15C about 40 years ago, pity I had added Slick "something" into my engine oil (Duckhams 20W-50?), -15C highlighted that small error! Life is for learning, maybe.