Oil and coolant issue

My skoda superb 280 is approaching its first service at 15,000km which i have booked it in end of December.

Today while driving i had a low coolant light came on, so i popped the bonnet and check the coolant level. To my surprised there was nearly nothing left in the reservoir container, well bellow the minimum marker. Which is weird as i havent noticed any leakage in my garage or usual parking spot.

Also i noticed there are some oil residue around the oil cap area. Is that normal? I have checked the level and it is within the markers. The oil is fairly black as the car is definitely due for a service.

The car still drives fine, just the coolant error being active which i will need to get the dealer to top up tomorrow.

Just seeing if any other superb owners have similar experience.

Although mine is a diesel, I have had it back to the dealer twice for coolant loss - both times they have pressure tested the system but have not found any sign of a leak. First time was after only 2 weeks and it was put down to air bubbles in the system from new and it then stayed ok for months but then a couple of months before the first annual service was due it dropped again - both times going from Max to minimum. I left it a while after the second drop - keeping an eye on it and it didn't drop any further so very strange.

My car has not lost used any oil since new.

Hmm.. So it seems like other owners have similar experience. The dealer topped it back up and offered to do a more thorough check to see if there is an issue since the car is only 6 months old. Unfortunately I have to use the car but have booked in for the fisrt service / check (15,000 km) next week.

They have carried out two pressure tests on my system but both have not showed any loss, they also say that there is no sign of any leaks - but it has to be going somewhere!

Very lazily after the first test (only 2-3 weeks old), they returned my car with no fault found but didn't bother to top the coolant up.