Stranger Things?!

I made a few changes yesterday installed foot well lights and did the wiring all seems good, but i'm driving to work 5 am, in the snow -5 oC and the reading lights are coming on intermittently and the car is giving the ping warning chime and briefly maxidot shows the car image as if there's an open door, but with none open. 

If i turn the blower up the reading light comes on and get a warning ping but no detail of whats doing it. I had heavy battery usage yesterday testing the puddle lights, would low voltage do this or is it a vcds problem?

Edited by JohnnyType2

Mine definitely didn't do anything like that when I retrofitted the footwell lights. I also had a low battery warning yesterday, but didn't experience any oddities with stuff operating as you've described. Did you plug into the correct BCM pin? Do you have any errors showing in VCDS?

I never meddled with electrics but on very cold mornings with icey doors. I’d put something on the back seat, close the door a short while later on the drive it would think the doors open when it wasn’t. I’d open and close the door and it would be fine. Happened a couple of times 

5 hours ago, JamiePvrs said:

Poltergeist........

thinking about calling her Christine!

i figured out i had the doors open for some length of time in freezing cold and the moisture/damp while fitting the puddle lights. This must have affected the electrics on the boot or rear doors, hence the maxidot door warning with no indication of which door, it didnt get warm enough to thaw. The blower might have caused some pressure and perhaps a door wasnt showing shut.

I checked the electrics twice with a multi meter, initially thought id coded wrongly in VCDS but all seems to have settled now.

Edited by JohnnyType2
  • Haha 1