Mk3 TSI VRS DTUK BOX

57 minutes ago, Ant-Vrs said:

I had one and it was ok just got fed up with it taking it off for warranty work. So I ended selling it and getting a proper map done by shark performance in Mansfield 

I left both the pedal box and tuning box on at service and when its was all done the service chap came out to ask where i got if from. He thought it was awesome . If i were to go for it again i would just buy the pedal box again. This was far more impressive than the  tuning box. 

yes, i have the pedal box as well, 3 months+ of driving and again it really transforms the responsiveness of the car, the difference is night and day. I think +themanwithnoaim has the tuning box on his 245 TSI? and his gains were 295+ bhp AFAIK?

there is an 'Audi' mod to increase the pedal responsiveness in VCDS if you know someone with it. 

I like the fact its plug and play and you have some degree of control of the map and that it can be taken from one car to the next and reprogrammed if need be, by andy.

Regarding fuel economy, you tend to tramp it a bit more with the tuning box as its hard not to B) but with a week of normal driving mostly motorway for me im getting 44 MPH which is exactly the same as i was getting without the box, but i do drive harder and am averaging 40mpg. ive seen TSI figures go as low as 14mpg but averaging 33 or so with the tuning box and normal driving behavior. Its really hard to resist the temptation to put the pedal to the floor.

that said, If i was pushing further than a stage 1? i would definitely go with a remap though.

Edited by JohnnyType2

4 hours ago, flybynite said:

If you are going above stage 1 the JB4 does quite well. Bit more sophisticated than the FSR+ Biased to petrols though. Useful tool for datalogging also

Can vouch for the jb4, superb piece of kit! Currently at 312bhp and 350ftlb on my pre vrs230.

Hi, I’m new, looking to pickup a mk3 vRS petrol in the next month or so... essentially tempted to the newer model by what seems like an incredibly good value way of getting 300bhp.

I’m unlikely to do anything other than a tuning box or ecu flash... the dtuk box stands out for value, just looked up the jb4, is there anything else I should consider?

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Does that mean it was that good for you ?

21 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Does that mean it was that good for you ?

Oh dear!!!!! :blush

My stupid phone browser has obviously gone crazy and not submitted the rest of my post.:D

I was saying that I'd just got off the phone with DTUK after ordering a FSR+ Bluetooth box and I was thanking everyone for the useful information I'd found in the thread.

(The box is arriving in a few hours so I'm excited now!!)

• Like 1