Mk2 Fl 1.8tsi engine sound

Sounds ok to me but it's hard to tell from a video. If he's worried about the chain tensioner issue then i found it to be most noticeable when you first start the engine from cold, only for the first second from starting up could I hear a loud rattle that soon died off. Now that I've got a new engine I know how it should sound like!

6 hours ago, docrav46 said:

posting clips from my friend's mk2 Fl Octavia 2 1.8tsi run 7800km (he jus picked it up this month from a dealer ) 

He seems to be a lil paranoid about the sound of the tsi 

please hear and give your opinion 

Thank you

note: cam isn't fixed did move around a lil

VID-20171228-WA0016.mp4

That sounds completely normal, will quite down once at normal running tempreture.

7 hours ago, The1stlegend said:

Sounds ok to me but it's hard to tell from a video. If he's worried about the chain tensioner issue then i found it to be most noticeable when you first start the engine from cold, only for the first second from starting up could I hear a loud rattle that soon died off. Now that I've got a new engine I know how it should sound like!

Thank you for ur feedback

The car is running on the non updated tensioner since it's the 2011 version

How soon do u think it's to be changed ?

The sound clip sounds mostly normal to me. Although from around 20 seconds when the camera is moved, there is an underlying rattle that sounds more noticeable than my 2.0Tsi.

All the tensioner revisions before current revision are unreliable and there is no certainty for mileage or time as to when it could fail. It could be anytime. Did you mean 78,000km?

8 hours ago, docrav46 said:

Thank you for ur feedback

The car is running on the non updated tensioner since it's the 2011 version

How soon do u think it's to be changed ?

It's best to get the latest revision tensioner fitted as it can fail without warning. It shouldn't rattle on the first second of start-up, it would be better if you could record starting the engine. But 2011 you should still get the latest tensioner fitted

On 12/29/2017 at 13:28, TheClient said:

The sound clip sounds mostly normal to me. Although from around 20 seconds when the camera is moved, there is an underlying rattle that sounds more noticeable than my 2.0Tsi.

All the tensioner revisions before current revision are unreliable and there is no certainty for mileage or time as to when it could fail. It could be anytime. Did you mean 78,000km?

7800kms 

A very rarely run car