Automatic headlight control.

Could be an issue with the automatic dipped beam activation due to dirty sensor? Is the windscreen clear? Do the headlights come on with the light switch in Auto when it gets dark?

Got the lights set in the auto setting when it gets dark. I leave the main beam on auto as well. 

The screen in clean right in front of the camera. 

Bit of an update. I’ve had the car cleaned but I’m still getting the automatic headlight control on.

The only thing that doesn’t work is the comeing home or when I leave open the car. Any thoughts?

Been to the garage I use all the time. They've got vag com They cant find any codes at all eyther! :/ It only comes on when its dark! 

Any thoughts folks?

On 11/01/2018 at 13:56, Stuart-h said:

Been to the garage I use all the time. They've got vag com They cant find any codes at all eyther! :/ It only comes on when its dark! 

Any thoughts folks?

Hi, following this thread.

I have the exact same problem with my Octavia 2014. The Fault: Automatic Headlight control error only comes on when its dark outside.

I tested and had a flashlight shining on the windscreen sensor (the one behind the mirror) when it was dark outside and the error doesn't show up.

Turned off the flashlight and the error pops up again. Cleaning the windscreen where the sensor doesn't help either. 

Hoping for a fix without having to get the sensor replaced (it's not under warranty). Hoping someone here would have any more info on how this maybe could be fixed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

The same thing that happened to Stuarts car happened to my car last week. Auto headlights working again and the Coming Home lights function works now too. Very strange indeed that it suddenly started to work again. I haven't done anything to the car.

Thanks Stuart.     In my case I've had this error show up for about 2 months now - just as you say, it comes up as it goes dark.

I have tried taking out the rear-view mirror and the forward-sensing headlight 'camera', and cleaned up all the contacts on the wiring plugs.   Made no difference though.

Does anyone know, can you just buy the headlight sensor on its own, or is it sold as a complete assembly with the rear-view mirror?

Cheers

• 2 years later...