PCP... Price to To Paint Door ?

My Father's damaged the paint on a rear door. Car is PCP and due back in 3 months. Is it cheapest to get it painted or just pay the price they will charge when it's returned and inspected? What do main dealer charge to paint a door ?

Thanks

Without knowing the amount of damage, impossible to say.  Suffice to say a small private body shop will always be cheaper than a main dealer, but if the damage isn’t that obvious and the worst can be polished out, it may not even be picked up.

Welcome.

The Main Dealerships need to have a Bodyshop or they will farm out the work, so get quotes, at the Main Dealer near you, 

and at an Approved Bodyshop, and maybe even a not Approved One as they can be better and cheaper.

& get a Mobile Refinisher to quote,  the kind Dealerships often use to do Forecourt / Kerbside Auto repairs.

PS

Maybe say where you are, and someone can recommend a repairer local to you.

Edited by AwaoffSki

Don't take it a dealer. My son was quoted £1800 to bump out a few light scratches on a 2 yr old Seat Leon, which he Vt'd. £180 at a smaller workshop and it was gleaming, no problems on handover. 

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers everyone, £200 to paint the door,proper job in an approved repairer. Anyone know what he would be charged to hand it back as is....no dent just scratches in paint. Would require painting though for sure. Thanks.

Edited by Frankling

I'd get it fixed. I've recently spent £400 getting some bumper scrapes and other grazes fixed, but it means the difference between the car having a 'wow' factor or not when the dealer looks round it. If you're planning on using any equity in the car towards your next deal, it will help there as well, as you're giving the dealer an immediately sellable car. 

• Like 1

Echo recent posters - definitely do the fix. Dealers are trying to revalue PCP trade-ins down at the moment because there are too many of them, and visible damage is an opportunity to take hundreds off and put you well into negative equity. Great presentation of a trade-in is job number one.

• Like 1

Booked an appointment with webuyanycar yesterday after a favourable on-line valuation. 

Dealt with a nice bloke but they can’t do anything without the computer adjusting it, 2 small dents he told me were smart repairs as they were over 3” when he meant cm cost me £75 and a scratched alloy the same. Knocked off a bit more for mileage and stone chips and I walked out before he met me halfway and I got £10 in my pocket after they paid the outstanding finance.

Not a horrific experience but I’d definitely get any dents repaired myself and alloy surface polished to remove the scratch if I was doing it again.