It’s arrived

Love it, the New Octavia Vrs Estate Tdi 4x4 DSG.

only done 300 miles but I like it, in the book the figures it is slower than the Vauxhall insignia Vxr estate, however No torque steer when changing cambers on roundabouts and it feels a lot more shure footed.

Even the Wife loves it.

love the “tractor beam” cruse control, love the LED headlights however still trying to work out the automatic dipping.

Sat nav is good compared to the Vauxhall and is light years ahead over the Wife’s Ford Focus Titanium (2 year old).

I am looking forward to some longer trips later this year.

down sides it is Noisy (well it’s diesel over petrol) the up side MPG.

still getting used to the new toys and missing some of then over the Vauxhall. 

Not it missing the £520 road tax though.

have some photos when it’s been washed.

• Like 1

Got mine the other day. Only drove it a few hundred metres and thought WTF is that noise. It sounds as though I have a roof rack on with a set of ladders attached. Droning/vibration noise. Is it from the low profile tyres or what?? 

1 minute ago, Ozzy25 said:

Got mine the other day. Only drove it a few hundred metres and thought WTF is that noise. It sounds as though I have a roof rack on with a set of ladders attached. Droning/vibration noise. Is it from the low profile tyres or what?? 

If it is in sport mode there is a gizmo that makes a sporting noise. I hate it as I like power without the noise. Ok I am an oldie but ....

Also so the tyres are very sensitive to the tarmac for noise, I had the same with the Insignia Vxr but it was worse, in fact bloody bad on the original tyres but I replaced them with Michelin and the noise was better.

car having the interior and paint stain treated today so pics when I get it back..

48 minutes ago, thomas5265 said:

Get a DTUK box fitted now. I’ve had my new 4x4 VRS for 4 weeks and fitted a tuning box last week. Here’s mine, albeit abit dirty!

AEFE42E5-A7B6-449A-BE5F-02F5D23B86A1.jpeg

6C77C902-9AB2-4193-81A3-6ACF75031010.jpeg

Hate you as I got mine after the snow and had to slip slide alover the place in the wifes Ford Focus as I sold the Vxr at the end of November, bad planning on my part me thinks.

hope you enjoyed it.

Haha, yes it’s great. I picked mine up with 4 winter tyres and it was unstoppable. Actually it may have been more fun with summer tyres.

I’ve got a set of 19inch Xtremes with summer tyres ready for the spring.

What spec has your car got? Are you enjoying it?

They are NOISY cars!! This is the 3rd I’ve had. VRS man estate 2014, VRS 4x4 DSG estate 2016 and VRS 4x4 DSG estate 2017

All have suffered from road noise and the 2 4X4 DSGs have been just generally noisy from the start. Transmission/ road noise/ lack of insulation etc......

My gearbox is very whiny when driving under 10mph in 2nd gear (on cul-de-sacs etc...)

You get used to it.

The Superb is much better and keeping the noise at bay. 

My new car strangely doesn’t have front assist fitted (which my last pre FL did) or light assist. It was a dealer order and built back in August.