vRS bumper retroft

Hi guys,

I’m planing to do front bumper retrofit form vRS model to my non vRS model...

Has anyone done this yet?

Think main problem, after headlight washer ( which i’m not planing to retrofit, only to put covers on bumper) is fog lights/drl’s because two bulbs on RS and one on standard model?

Any sugestions for wiring?

Thanks in advance!

:)

Edited by lux4zg

1 minute ago, lux4zg said:

Hi guys,

I’m planing to do front bumper retrofit form vRS model to my non vRS model...

Has anyone done this yet?

Think main problem, after headlight washer ( which i’m not planing to retrofit, only to put covers on bumper) is fog lights because two bulbs on RS and one on standard model?

Any sugestions?

Thanks in advance!

:)

Dont do it. It’s not a VRS ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You might need another harness for the fogs.

Also, not 100% sure, but I think the bulb type on the fogs is different vs the VRS fog bulbs.

You will need to recoded them also with VCDS or OBDeleven - it seems one of the bulbs acts like fogs and the other is this turn assistant light.

Not sure if they ever operate together ;)

gallery_109250_1547_42530.jpg

I have done it (I had a minor accident, so in total I only had to pay for one side change of parts + wireing). Well I have not done it personally myself - I had Dealer done it to the car... But as far as the fogs go there was some wireing changes indeed.

For notes my car does not have fog cornering. If RS has fog cornering then outside lamp should turn on while turning. If you turn on fog lights, then both should turn on. But if I turn mine on, then only inner light turns on. I do not know if they changed the wireing harness all together to RS version, I doubt it - I think they reconnected that one light to my old fog and that was it.

But, since I have only used back fog light only once or twice during those 4 years and I have not used front fogs not only once, I do not care if only one lights up or both...

As far as coding goes - I have OBD Eleven, so if you want me to check something out, I can look it up.

On top of that, if some professional does the coding for you and you can provide coding here it would be awesome for me to check it out and for others who want to do all themselves. Why I am asking is because I know they (dealer workshop) had some coding issues and may be, just may be they did something incorrectly and it would be possible to get that outer light to turn on as well (if it is connected of course).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jaco2k said:

You might need another harness for the fogs.

Also, not 100% sure, but I think the bulb type on the fogs is different vs the VRS fog bulbs.

You will need to recoded them also with VCDS or OBDeleven - it seems one of the bulbs acts like fogs and the other is this turn assistant light.

Not sure if they ever operate together ;)

Thank you, coding is not a problem as i have VCDS, so the wiring is what bothers me :) 

3 hours ago, conn said:

gallery_109250_1547_42530.jpg

I have done it (I had a minor accident, so in total I only had to pay for one side change of parts + wireing). Well I have not done it personally myself - I had Dealer done it to the car... But as far as the fogs go there was some wireing changes indeed.

For notes my car does not have fog cornering. If RS has fog cornering then outside lamp should turn on while turning. If you turn on fog lights, then both should turn on. But if I turn mine on, then only inner light turns on. I do not know if they changed the wireing harness all together to RS version, I doubt it - I think they reconnected that one light to my old fog and that was it.

But, since I have only used back fog light only once or twice during those 4 years and I have not used front fogs not only once, I do not care if only one lights up or both...

As far as coding goes - I have OBD Eleven, so if you want me to check something out, I can look it up.

On top of that, if some professional does the coding for you and you can provide coding here it would be awesome for me to check it out and for others who want to do all themselves. Why I am asking is because I know they (dealer workshop) had some coding issues and may be, just may be they did something incorrectly and it would be possible to get that outer light to turn on as well (if it is connected of course).

Thank you!

Yes probably they didn't change wiring, and only connect inner bulb...that's also my plan if all of this with harness will be to complicated, because i only use fog so DRL-s and for cornering :)

Here is post for coding cornering on vRS and non vRS models, maybe you can check your settings, because i think every 5E has that option, so you just need to code it and it will work...of course, DRL's, fogs, and cornering will work only on inner bulb but who cares :)

Hope today i'will check if there is available channel adaptation in my module to code outer bulb, so if i find harness to replace it with my non vRS harness, i can code it... If there is not available channel for coding, i wont bother with harnesses any more, and will connect it like yours :)

Edited by lux4zg

That looks great and is something that I have occasionally wondered about doing.

Incidentally, saying you haven't used the front fogs, don't fronts come on with the first click of the light switch being pulled out, then rears the second click?

9 hours ago, amwphotos said:

That looks great and is something that I have occasionally wondered about doing.

Incidentally, saying you haven't used the front fogs, don't fronts come on with the first click of the light switch being pulled out, then rears the second click?

Yes, they do, but i can’t remember when i was using them last time... Strong fog isn’t so common here in Zagreb, Croatia

But if i’ll need them, they will work like they do now, everything on the one bulb, fog, DRL and cornering :)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 05/01/2018 at 13:28, lux4zg said:

Thank you, coding is not a problem as i have VCDS, so the wiring is what bothers me :) 

Thank you!

Yes probably they didn't change wiring, and only connect inner bulb...that's also my plan if all of this with harness will be to complicated, because i only use fog so DRL-s and for cornering :)

Here is post for coding cornering on vRS and non vRS models, maybe you can check your settings, because i think every 5E has that option, so you just need to code it and it will work...of course, DRL's, fogs, and cornering will work only on inner bulb but who cares :)

Hope today i'will check if there is available channel adaptation in my module to code outer bulb, so if i find harness to replace it with my non vRS harness, i can code it... If there is not available channel for coding, i wont bother with harnesses any more, and will connect it like yours :)

Hello ! Did you ever figured out the harness part ? 

• 3 years later...