Is this Nilfisk any good

Dave3283

Hi All,

The Below Nilfisk C120 is a surprise part of My Xmas box after mentioning to family that my Karcher was on its way out,

Nilfisk.thumb.jpg.16b3d34bea5d3cf0f6193a6c729be66d.jpg

It is replacing my old Karcher that I have had for a number of years that has done everything I have needed to do. 

Karcher.thumb.jpg.8b8741630bae51c9e834c9767e4c4f84.jpg

I was going to replace this with a new Karcher compact but I think the Nilfisk will do the job nicely.

Can't speak for the C120, but I have a C125, and it is superb for the job.

Just make sure you observe the shut down procedure for draining the pump bfore switching off at this time of year, and I'm sure you'll grow to like it as much as your old Karcher.

Must admit though, when this one folds, it might be a Kranzle next. :giggle:

• Thanks 1

I’ve got the 125. Its the first one I’ve owned so hard for me to compare to anything.

I was hoping I could wash the car handsfree but I’ve noticed I still need to use a sponge on the lower parts to get the dirt off.

Maybe I should have got something stronger that would do my decking too but it could be risk for car paint.

Just need to find a better hose now. The plastic one that comes with it is terrible for kinks.

18 hours ago, Auswede said:

I’ve got the 125. Its the first one I’ve owned so hard for me to compare to anything.

I was hoping I could wash the car handsfree but I’ve noticed I still need to use a sponge on the lower parts to get the dirt off.

Maybe I should have got something stronger that would do my decking too but it could be risk for car paint.

Just need to find a better hose now. The plastic one that comes with it is terrible for kinks.

Do you use a pre wash before using the pressure washer on the body?.

I tend to use a combination of TFR and Bilt Hamber Autofoam, and don't normally have any issues with my C125 providing I let the products dwell for long enough to work and do their stuff.

I also use the nilfisk automotive nozzle, but I am thinking of moving over to the Qwashers gun and lance that are being discussed a lot over on Detailingworld's forum,

Hope it helps

• 1 month later...

As I understand it, at the budget/value end Karcher use plastic pumps but Nilfisk use aluminium so they should be sturdier. I've had a cheapie C110.4 for a couple of years and my father has had the higher-spec C140 with all the accessories for a few more years and both seem good machines. As others have said though, the included plastic hoses needed detangling now and then (rubber ones don't have that issue). And do ensure you drain all water from them before putting them in storage. I've got the 90 degree underchassis nozzle for mine and it's very good at doing the arches and underbody providing you're comfortable squatting down for a while to do the latter, although it's quite pricey for a small lump of plastic!

If you are planning on doing snowfoam the flow rate is important, you might find the C110 a tad underpowered for the best results; a few years ago everyone was banging on about Autobrite's snowfoam lance and Magifoam being excellent. @AuswedeIf you want the holy grail "contactless wash" you'll need a well prepped-body (i.e. good wax), and  either the aforementioned snowfoam or as a cheaper option a decent neutral APC (All Purpose Cleaner) sprayed on before you go in with the pressure washer, and also wash regularly; to be honest I don't think snowfoam is worth the money, it looks cool but I question how much difference it really makes. I think you'll almost always need to apply shampoo with a washmitt, the pressure washer only removes the bigger crud.

The patio cleaner units are good until they clog up with dirt about 20 minutes later, then the rotor doesn't spin properly until the thing is disassembled and cleaned up. Had to take it apart about 3 times before I finally found a good quality grease that kept the rotor spinning.

Edited by ckyliu

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 14:32, Dave3283 said:

Hi All,

The Below Nilfisk C120 is a surprise part of My Xmas box after mentioning to family that my Karcher was on its way out,

Nilfisk.thumb.jpg.16b3d34bea5d3cf0f6193a6c729be66d.jpg

It is replacing my old Karcher that I have had for a number of years that has done everything I have needed to do. 

Karcher.thumb.jpg.8b8741630bae51c9e834c9767e4c4f84.jpg

I was going to replace this with a new Karcher compact but I think the Nilfisk will do the job nicely.

I'm hoping its good. I've just bought one for a replacement of my knackered bosch pressure washer. I bought my nilfisk for the princely sum of £59 from Argos. Cant say if its any good yet as its still in the box( I'm busy on a shutdown for 2 weeks) Although like mentioned earlier they have a metal pump and also have good reviews.

55 minutes ago, Dave3283 said:

I'm really please with it so far, its only downside is the standard Snowfoam attachment, its not adjustable for mixture like my old Karcher one.

Not a major issue though as I'm going to get a Snowfoam lance. 

Hey Dave, yeah you need a proper lance. I highly recommend the P.A Italian one. I got mine  from polished bliss. Its tried and tested with amazing reviews. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Like 1