Octavia vrs 230

Craigos007

Hi guys seriously thinking of buying a new vrs 230 

Petrol dsg, currently a Seat Leon fr owner. Is the engine noise generator standard and anybody had experience with drive the deal? 

I need convincing the Skoda is the way forward, any thoughts welcome. 

Cheers

I wanted a Hot Hatch, took a look at Golf GTi, Leon Cupra, Focus ST2, Civic etc but was hooked with the 230 DSG. I didn’t find the Noise Generator an issue when I test drove. I drove the Diesel too but can’t justify by my now lower mileage. Performance, Comfort and Interior Space were key.

The PCH offer from Skoda closed the deal for me, nothing else came close.

Do your research, plenty of advice on here but at the end of the day it’s your money and a car you are going to live with and hopefully make you smile each day you walk out to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just on the drivethedeal point, I've ordered two cars in the past from drivethedeal (an Audi that came through Audi Sheffield, and a VW via VW dealer in Kent). Good experience with both. My mate ordered an Octava VRS through them too, had to go to London area I think....but this was a good 6 years or so ago so the dealer they use may've changed.

I used the drivethedeal price to just order my VRS 230 (yesterday) via Lookers Stockport. Got close enough to the prices to make the convenience (and support of a local dealer) worth it.