Tow bar

This is also something I'm going to be doing soon. PF Jones sell a dedicated wiring kit - https://www.pfjones.co.uk/skoda-octavia-06-2014-onwards-7-pin-dedicated-wiring-kit-without-tp.html  - if you're looking to do it yourself or get a local company to do it. I wouldn't go for a cheapo bypass kit!

You might find this useful : https://cjnet.info/gd/octaviamk3-towbar/

Also towbarexpress.co.uk will fit one for you on the drive or at work for £353.58, but it'd be worth paying the extra £298 (ouch!) for the dedicated vehicle-specific electrics

Video of a typical installation :

I paid £570  to Indespension trailers, they fitted a Westfalia removable towbar, electrics ,and single a 13 pin socket, it was I bit of a shock when I shopped around, how much it costs these days, guess due to modern electrical systems.

i wanted a fixed one but they couldn't guarantee it wouldn't set the parking sensors off.

luckyly the removable towbar doesn't set the sensors off,  (car is a mk 3 scout) so I leave it on permanently to stop the neighbors using my bumper to park their cars. 

I only had it fitted for a 3-4 bike rack. When putting in reverse (with bike rack attached) the 

sensors obviously don't function, but you do get a picture of a trailer on the infotainment screen to remind you have something attached to the towbar.

so I guess with a double socket your be in for about £600 for a factory fit type system

a

Edited by andyasjl

2 hours ago, Adcooper said:

I paid £500 for a Westfalia removable towbar, electrics ,and single a 13 pin socket which is as per Skoda done on the drive by a retrofit company. Very happy with the service.

That sounds good! What company was that and did they use the dedicated wiring ?

Gotta be careful to ensure you get the coding done too, really helps the braking & Trailer Stability Control systems.

Easist way to check the coding has been done is to try coasting down hill in Eco mode with a tralier hitched. The TSC will not allow the car to coast