MK II or MK III

Hi Everyone,

I have just bought a SKODA used car which is registered in 2013 July, its a SKODA FABIA 1.2 12V S 60 PS

I have few questions on the car:-

1. Like other cars does this display MPG  usage, if yes how can i set up i have am being confused when i read the manual as it doesn't have A or B buttons to set up what i want on Dashboard

2. How long with current fuel in tank

3. Is my car a MK II or MK I, i have no idea what is the difference

Also is there any thing that i should be aware of this car, I feel that post 70 MPG i am losing control and also there when WInd blows i cannot drive faster, i could feel the wind on the MOtorways (is this common).

Sorry for asking so many questions which may have been repeated, couldn't find much information insearch

Thanks a ton

Subbu

3. Its a mk2

2. Use the LCD mutifunction display by pressing the button on the end of the right hand stalk. This button has a rocker action, you can press it on the up end or the down end. The display will cycle round the 7 or so bits of info available - mpg (average), mpg (instant), miles left to empty, travel time, travel ave speed, travel distance, outside temp (not necessarily in that order)

1. A (journey) or B (total) is toggled by pressing the reset button under the stalk. Holding this button in for a few seconds resets all data in A or B depending which one is selected

Regarding losing control above 70mph, get your tyres checked, correct tyre pressures, tread depth and if you still feel unsafe, have the tracking checked. Most tyre outlets will do this free of charge and only charge for adjustments.

The 60ps is the lowest power engine available and does run a bit out of puff at the top end, however it should be able to maintain 70mph without complaint provided its not fully loaded. Could be related to your tyres/tracking.

Has it been serviced recently, and is it running smoothly? Whats its mileage? Could be down on power due to neglect, lack of servicing (air filter blocked) or a fault, ignition or fuel related.

Edited by xman
  • Like 1

Thanks Buddy,

I will try your suggestion on the right hand stalk and see if that display. 

I personally feel my tyres need their pressure checked, will do that then notice if that is still the case. IF that then i will have to show this to someone before going back to my dealer as still have warranty with them.

21 hours ago, xman said:

3. Its a mk2

2. Use the LCD mutifunction display by pressing the button on the end of the right hand stalk. This button has a rocker action, you can press it on the up end or the down end. The display will cycle round the 7 or so bits of info available - mpg (average), mpg (instant), miles left to empty, travel time, travel ave speed, travel distance, outside temp (not necessarily in that order)

1. A (journey) or B (total) is toggled by pressing the reset button under the stalk. Holding this button in for a few seconds resets all data in A or B depending which one is selected

Regarding losing control above 70mph, get your tyres checked, correct tyre pressures, tread depth and if you still feel unsafe, have the tracking checked. Most tyre outlets will do this free of charge and only charge for adjustments.

The 60ps is the lowest power engine available and does run a bit out of puff at the top end, however it should be able to maintain 70mph without complaint provided its not fully loaded. Could be related to your tyres/tracking.

Has it been serviced recently, and is it running smoothly? Whats its mileage? Could be down on power due to neglect, lack of servicing (air filter blocked) or a fault, ignition or fuel related.

I don't have anything at the end of my stalk,attaching the pics

IMG_20180114_115823.jpg

IMG_20180114_115809.jpg

Oh...not seen one like that. 

You have a very basic model without Multifunction Display.  Do you have a button on the underside of the stalk? If not then you don't have access to any of the information I posted earlier I'm afraid.

Its in the manual page 28/29 The only thing you can change is the current speed displayed in the LCD in mph or kph.

Also can you let me know anything specifically that i need to look out in my car, i am pretty novice in driving in UK and never drove Skoda Fabia before.

All i needed was a no nonsense car which i think it is but will need someone professional to let me know.

Who sold you it as being able to get 50 + mpg on the motorway if that is what you mean? 

Probably it will if you drive at 55 mph on motorways.

Fill it to the brim before going on a motorway and then again once off it, see how many litres it needs to the miles driven.